• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing when creating or deleting a virtual copy

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...  I have been using lightroom 6.14 for a few years now with great success.  Recently I started getting into softproofing, to try and get better prints from my inkjet.  One day I went into the softproofing and used it to create a virutal copy and lightroom crashed on me.  Ever since then, when I create a virtual copy, or delete a virtual copy, even outside of softproofing, I get a crash.  When I re-open lightroom, the new virutal copy will be there if I created one, or it will be gone if I deleted it.  Running windows 10.  Catalog and images are stored on an external SSD, about 1 TB with 44K images.  Never had this problem until I tried creating a virtual copy thru the soft proofing function.

The below error seems to point to face detection.  It was enabled, I have disabled it in the catalog.  This only seems to affect images that I have recently added to the catalog, if I try this with an image that I added a year ago, no issues.  I also have another catalog that is much smaller, no issues with using virtual copies in it.

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, version: 6.14.0.10, time stamp: 0x5a2fb907
Faulting module name: libfrsdk-8.6.0.dll, version: 8.6.0.1, time stamp: 0x51002c01
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001f6fe
Faulting process id: 0x241c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d814287b724c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\CIT\Plug-ins\FaceRecognition\libfrsdk-8.6.0.dll
Report Id: 22b10dca-7cae-4596-8d11-04421e9f2bf2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say that disabling face detection in the catalog did not stop the crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libfrsdk-8.6.0.dll

That comes up in problems with Face Recognizing on Lr 6. Lots of problems reported. Some speculation that the dll has expired due to age, or a license to use it has been expired (By Adobe)

Make sure Face Recognition is paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, did some googling on the dll name, and found some info in the photoshop forums.  Problem is that the dll library expired on 12/06/2020, just a few days ago.  Two workarounds are setting the date back on your computer to before 12/6/2020 before launching lightroom, or renaming the CIT plugin folder, which is what I did.  Now I can create and delete virtual copies without crashing.  So much for being a perpetual license...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had problems with crashes on creating virtual copies. Mac OS X 10.13.6, Lightroom 6.14

I solved it that way:

Go to application folder. Open Lightroom.app -> show package contents

Go to Frameworks -> CIT -> Plug-ins -> FaceRecognition

I deleted the complete folder FaceRecognition

No I have no more crashes on creating a virtual copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines