• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop applied in Photomechanic is not showing in lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of family photos in my Lightroom library that I am finally getting around to edit. I have been using photo mechanic to cull and crop >1000 photos in many different folders. The cropped photos get a certain star rating. When I read metadata in Lightroom, Lightroom sees that the rating and or color label has changed but some photos are cropped in Lightroom and some are not.  In Adobe bridge ALL photos are cropped, as they are in photomechanic, with the correct rating and color label. I can't figure out what is going on to cause Lightroom to not see the crops. I'm assuming it's some option in either program preferences that I am overlooking. I have a new M1 Mac Mini with the lastest version of Lightroom. Thanks in advance for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your LRC and Bridge versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 10.1 build 202012012023-e92d50bb

Bridge 11.0.0.83

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What File Extension are the images that LrC Can See the crop on and what is it on the ones LrC Cannot see the crop on?

I suspect all the JPG file LrC can see it and on RAW files it cannot. Which in my opinion is normal.

I have never used Photo Mechanic but I would suspect it does not change RAW files and it does either change or write the changes made to JPG file into the file itself which LrC can Read.

With the RAW files P M may create its own XMP Sidecar file which LrC can't or won't read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of the photos are Nikon raw -.NEF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen shot showing all images are NEF RAW files.

It is impossible that LrC would see only Some NEF RAW image files cropped by P M and not see others.

Is there a Sub-folder named something like Photo Mechanic under the folder your images are in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines