• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop tool behavior changes depending on file extension

Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been noticing today that when cropping Canon CR2 and CR3 files there is no issue, meaning the crop tool behaves buttery smooth and responsively. On the other hand, when I move to my Fujifilm RAF files, the crop tool becomes erratic, skipping and annoying to use.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the pixel dimensions (width and height) from each camera?

Is the mouse wired or wireless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wireless mouse, but there's no connection issue, in case that's what you're implying. The Pixel dimension is about the same for each file; 20(ish) megapixel per file, give or take a few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a wired mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LrC?

What Fujifilm camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Fujifilm owner, do you have a third party RAF to DNG converter (Not Adobe)?

Assuming a Fujifilm X camera, many owners absolutely detest Adobe RAF conversion and use Iridient X-Transformer. Do not know if you bought a copy, or similar. If so, wondering if you have the same issue with converted DNG.

Lacing a third party DNG converter, what if you use LrC to create a DNG from the RAF, still an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran some crop tests with many Canon & Fuji test files that I have and the different file types did not act any differently.

The only erratic/skipping I expeienced was when I had two monitors enabled, then the initial grab of the crop handle & starting cropping it initially jerked/skipped a bit in the corner (this happened with all files)

When I disabled the 2nd monitor then that jerking/skipping experienced before was gone when I grabbed the crop handle and started the crop. (Tested this both with my wireless mouse and a wired wacom tablet.)

FYI Using 2 - 2560x1440pixel monitors.

You can also test your cropping with the 'navigator' window in the right hand panel visible/hidden to see if that makes any difference. It does affect the 2nd monitor previews when it is hidden (I have a bug report open already for that)

My only other thought on the Fuij vs Canon part may be that if you are cropping the photo after doing your other developing edits is that the Fuji demosiacing adds a bit of extra processing? vs the Canon files resulting in the delays/jerking.

So to this does it make any difference if your cropping is done before other develop edits or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines