• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Camera Profile not showing up in Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a DNG Camera profile (.dcp file) using the DNG Profile Editor and exported it.  It automatically goes to my desktop so I tried to figure out where it should go.  I found a previous response here from Nov. 2017 with this link showing where files should go:   https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc6-default-locations/

I have Windows 10 and it does not seem to have the same files listed in the link (Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \). 

I did find where my camera profiles for my camera were located and copied the .dcp file to that and restarted Lightroom.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS 60D

I still cannot see the custom camera profile I created in Lightroom.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

There are two places for camera profiles. One place is where the default profiles are stored, the other place is where your custom profiles need to be stored. I think you chose the wrong place. I'm a Mac user myself, but I assume that C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \ is still the correct place. If that folder doesn't exist on your system, then maybe you have to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two places for camera profiles. One place is where the default profiles are stored, the other place is where your custom profiles need to be stored. I think you chose the wrong place. I'm a Mac user myself, but I assume that C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \ is still the correct place. If that folder doesn't exist on your system, then maybe you have to create it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you quick reply Johan - I just gave that a try and still nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you should check if you did not make a mistake when creating the profile. Try creating another one. BTW, the profile creator app should come up with the correct folder by itself when you save the profile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that again and still it wants to put it on my desktop.  Is there some setting in Lightroom that is preventing the file from being saved in the proper folder? 

Thanks for your suggestion - I'll try anything as this would very helpful in my infrared processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom is not involved in this at all. These profiles are originally Camera Raw profiles, so they can be used even when Lightroom is not installed on your system. That's why they must be installed in the CameraRaw folder, not in some Lightroom folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way: do realise that camera profiles are camera specific. If you use a Canon 5D mk II raw file, convert it to DNG and use this DNG as base for your profile, then this profile will only show when you have a Canon 5D mk II raw file selected. With any other camera, including any other Canon camera, it will not show.

The other point is that it's important to use Adobe DNG Converter to convert the raw image to DNG, or Lightroom. I just remembered about a similar problem, where somebody used third party software to do the conversion to DNG, and that failed to produce a proper profile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a complete loss as to where the Camera Raw folder would be.  The only way I can access Camera Raw is through Photoshop.  I did make the dng files using the dng editor because at the time my version of of Photoshop would not read my CR2 files. Even just being able to access the profile through camera raw would help.

Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about the folder in the path we already discussed. If you look at the path, you will notice that the parent folder is called 'CameraRaw'...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I finally got it.  I went looking for the folders I had previously created and could not find them.  Windows 10 had hidden the files.  Once I went in and clicked show all and verified the file was where I wanted it.  I restarted and found it in my Camera Raw software.  I appreciate all your help.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh jesus thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try right clicking on the image > Metadata > Save Metadata.

This is what FINALLY worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines