• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Local Synced Files Without Deleting Them From The Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to delete locally synced files without deleting them from Adobe cloud storage? 

I just started using Classic after using CC and realized that syncing to Classic will take too much space on my desktop. 

My end goal is to edit a file in Classic without syncing, export to CC to store in the cloud, and delete the file in classic so I don't use storage on my desktop.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use Classic without syncing - that's how it began. Then export as original - this produces a raw file plus an xmp file - and import into Cloudy Lightroom. You can then delete the file in Classic.

The key will be that Classic won't be synced. Deleting a file in a synced Classic catalogue will delete the synced version. Deleting it in a catalogue that isn't synced won't do so.

I'm not sure that it's a wonderfully efficient or desirable workflow, but you can work this way if you really wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines