• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DJI Mavic Pro Panos Blurry after Stitching

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had issues stitching panoramas using Adobe Lightroom with photos shot using a DJI Mavic Pro drone?  I have tried several times to stitch a few panoramas and part of the photo comes out extremely blurry.  The original photos are clear.  So not sure why it is getting blurred out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a DJI.  However, with my non-aviating cameras I've found that an overlap of about 25% provides good results.  What is your overlap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds odd! Are you shooting DNG or JPG?

I'm happy to test a sequence here if you want to DM me a set to try.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting in DNG.  All photos in the sequence are crystal clear. After merging random areas of the final product are completely blurry but not out of focus type blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a sample.  The originals are all just as clear as the left side but after merge it blurs portions.

IL1776_Pano_12_0001-Pano.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Sean suggested, if you put the sequence on DropBox or something other users might be able to troubleshoot and come up with an answer.  Other than that, it is guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would be helpful if you would upload the original DNG to Dropbox. I do DNG panos from my Phantom 3 Pro frequently with no issues. It would be interesting to see how your original DNGs merge on other's systems.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is bizarre. There's no way you have a brush with -Sharpening applied?

I could test with my Spark, but it doesn't do DNG

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also the same issue when stitching the panorama under Lightroom CC.

Below an example :

Capture d’écran 2018-08-23 à 16.09.23.png

Note that I haven't issue using photoshop CC.

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicholas,

These files merge into a pano just fine for me. Win 10, LR CL CC 7.4

Bigmagic91 Mavic Pano-.jpg

Here is a vertical merge of the ones that appeared to be shot with the intention of a vertical pano.

Bigmagic91 Mavic Pano vertical-2.jpg

The merge works ok with any of the projections, but of course each projection looks much different from the others.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the feedback and test.

It is certainly related to a shared library or something that.

I will use now Photoshop CC instead.

Best Regards,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answer is in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/dji-mavic-pro-blur-pano-when-stitching/m-p/11946238...

The problem is caused by the camera recording an incorrect shutterspeed for a specific photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem using mac, does anybody know how to solve this? I'm ussing Lightroom clasic 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment.

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on.

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error, I already follow the steps that you comment above and the problem persist.

I use mac os Catalina 10.15.17 and lightroom classic 10.2 with camera raw 13.2.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-01 a la(s) 7.37.07.png   Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-01 a la(s) 7.36.21.png

I have 3 photos in dng from mavic that want to stitch, the photos does not have any problem as you can see.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-31 a la(s) 20.19.16.png       Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-01 a la(s) 7.44.23.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the URL to the sources, probably someone else can figure out what is happening:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WKjKGubnNiwWn0Vb5sJlBh3Amga4ddom?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the drone is moving or being blown by wind when you shoot the panorama it can cause this type of blurring in the stitched image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not about the wind, if you use Photoshop it will work perfectly, but there is something in Lightroom that fails.  This is the same image that I Stitch using PS 22.3.0, so, probably there is a bug on Lr in mac.

panog-2.jpg    Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-01 a la(s) 11.51.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the three panorama DNG files and can confirm the issue. I had a similar issue with my Canon G9x MKII point and shoot camera. It has a built-in neutral density (ND) filter that kicks in automatically if the shutter speed goes over 1/2000 sec. When shotting a panorana if this happens the calcualated exposure value changes by -3 EV. The LrC Panorama Merge calcualtes the exposure value for each image file and adjusts it to "match" the exposures. This will make the image file with the ND appear darker by -3 EV (3 F stops).

Your DJI FC220 image file exposure values are as below.

PANO0001.DNG   1/100, F2.2, ISO 100

PANO0002.DNG     1/50, F2.2, ISO 187

PANO0003.DNG 1/4000, F2.2, ISO 100

The DJI FC220 does not have a built-in ND filter so I'm at a loss as to the cause of this exposure factor difference. Were you using a ND filter on the DJI FC220?

You can correct the shutter speed to properly "match" the exposure value of the PANO0003.DNG file using the LensTagger plugin at the below link.

https://www.lenstagger.com/

Install LensTagger and do a 'Save Metadata to File,' enter only the below 1/00 Exposure Time, click on Update Command, and then on Run Command. The files should then merge correctly in LrC as shown below.

LensTagger.jpg

LensTagger Compare.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines