• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does tethering make folders?

Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried tethering with CC2019 and my Sony A7III, though after trying many times, apparently the camera does not work with Lightroom for tethering. Does setting up a tethering session create a blank folder somewhere? If so, where would I find these empty folders?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

A Youtube video-

UPDATED: Lightroom Tether for Sony Cameras (A7RIII & A7III) - YouTube

The Sony software does the tethering and ports the images to the computer (into a 'Watched' folder)

"where would I find these empty folders?"

Lightroom uses its "Auto Import" function to read the 'Watched' folder and moves the files to a 'Destination' folder.

The 'Destination' folder can be changed from the Lr Menu- File>Auto Import>Auto Import Settings...

Auto-import photos into Lightroom Classic

(Note: You can't ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for camera supported for tether.  Sony in not included.   Just use the Sony software that comes with the camera and see if it supports tethering.  If it does you can set up a "watched folder" in Lightroom to automatically bring in the photos.

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Youtube video-

UPDATED: Lightroom Tether for Sony Cameras (A7RIII & A7III) - YouTube

The Sony software does the tethering and ports the images to the computer (into a 'Watched' folder)

"where would I find these empty folders?"

Lightroom uses its "Auto Import" function to read the 'Watched' folder and moves the files to a 'Destination' folder.

The 'Destination' folder can be changed from the Lr Menu- File>Auto Import>Auto Import Settings...

Auto-import photos into Lightroom Classic

(Note: You can't choose an existing folder that contains photos as a 'Watched' folder.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines