• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgrade from LR CC Classic to LR 6 (standalone)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would greatly appreciate feedback on the following:

I have and use LR CC (subscription) but also own a LR 6 standalone version. Currently, I can "downgrade" from CC to LR 6 (as explained here: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6)).

After installing, the new LR Classic CC wants to update my present library/catalog (which works fine either in LR CC or LR 6). If I allow this library/catalog to update to LR Classic CC, will I still be able to return (downgrade) to LR 6 and access the updated library/catalog with LR 6?

In practical terms, should I decide to terminate my CC subscription I do not want to be locked out of using LR 6 (which I purchases as a perpetual license) to re-edit (develop) pictures in my library/catalog, in particular those pictures that I developed in LR 6 prior to entering into the CC subscription.

Thanks for your views.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

The catalogs are not backwards compatible.

LR 6 (2015) cannot read the new LR 7 catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalogs are not backwards compatible.

LR 6 (2015) cannot read the new LR 7 catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, although not the answer I had hoped for. So should I choose to update to LR CC Classic I will assign it to a fresh catalog and try to use LR6 in parallel for my present / legacy catalog. Of course, losing the convenience of having one DAM catalog for all images with one LR version makes it quite appealing to look for LR alternatives like C1... We will see, but thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stuck with the same problem Lightroom CC Classic went well for about a month. Now it blacks out my screen for a minute or two and when my screen (Eizo), the resolution has been reset to a terrible VGA variant.

Unfortunately I have managed to work for a month. I have my old catalogue still, but it is missing a month's work. I tried to export the missing work, that works fine, but I can't import it into Lightroom CC (2015-whatever).

I suppose I should be happy that it is only a month's amount of work, but it is tangible to re-do.

I have to go through my collections, write down on paper which photos have been added, try to figure out where I had quit adding keywords (was biting off the missing keywords in a Smart collection).

This Lightroom CC Classic was a big, big mistake. That worries me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I updated my Intel HD Graphics 530 driver and I hope my problems were because of the driver.

Neither Windows nor HP were suggesting an update, but when I went into the old-fashioned "Device Manager" via the Control panel, I found a button for "Update".

I am really hoping the crashes will cease now. I have had Lightroom since it first came out and have never had problems before. My catalogue is pretty big now. Downgrading or switching software would definitely be a lousy option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines