• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting all the images in my filmstrip but I only want one

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to export a single image from Lr Classic but it exports all 40-plus images in my filmstrip at the bottom of the screen. I"ve rebooted but it still keeps doing this.

Anyone else having this problem? How to fix? Did I accidentally check off a box that shouldn't be checked? 

If useful, I"m on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.15.7 ...

Charles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC will export every image that's selected. If you have every thumbnail image selected, it will export every image selected.

There are three shades of gray for thumbnails: the darkest shade is not selected at all. The medium gray is selected but not the primary selected image. The lightest gray is the primary selected image so that any adjustments will be applied to just that image (unless autosync is turned on and then all selected images will be adjusted).

If you have many images selected, you can change the primary selected image by clicking on the actual image in the thumbanil region.

2021-01-03_10-08-52.png

2021-01-03_10-09-15.png

If you click on the border, you will de-select all other images and only the one you clicked in border will be selected.

2021-01-03_10-09-28.png

So when trying to do an export, try clicking on the border region of the image you want to export and let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much ... it worked fine ... For some reason, I must have had all the
image selected ...:)

cl

--
*Charles Levin*
Photography/Journalism/Music
Parkinson's Research Advocate
Connoisseur of Life
"*The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.*" -- James Taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one more possibility, which is that no images were selected. When no images are selected in the grid/filmstrip, all of them are exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, all, for the help and additional tips ... I'm still a rookie with
LrC, so I didn't know about Cmnd-D ... that and everything else was quite
helpful!!
cl

--
*Charles Levin*
Photography/Journalism/Music
Parkinson's Research Advocate
Connoisseur of Life
"*The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.*" -- James Taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot  , include the entire LrC screen. Interested in how many images in the filmstrip are selected.

Please_Use_This_Button_to_insert_Images.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You most likely know this but Cmd-D will deselect all images in Grid View or on the Filmstrip.

Then you can be sure any thumbnails selected next will be lined up for Export as you would wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines