• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Files from Lightroom as Untagged RGB

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year or more since I've pursued this issue.  I'm hoping someone from Adobe will chime in here.  I would love to have the option of exporting files from Lightroom as "Untagged RGB".  Rather than get into lengthy debates, I'll answer the question why this way.  I prepare images for online display as Untagged RGB for probably the same reason that JPGs on Adobe web pages are also overwhelmingly untagged.  For example, if one visits this page

Buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC | Photo editing and organizing software

and downloads and opens every image that's in JPG format, one will see that the images are untagged rgb (make sure of course that the program you are opening the files in is not set to automatically convert profiles).  I'm sure that Adobe did not happen to make some mistake.  Having the option to save as untagged would smooth my workflow greatly.  Could this option be added?

Thank You,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that on these Adobe pages the profile isn't being stripped by the web server, maybe a legacy from when optimisation was more about file sizes?

If you want to follow Adobe's own practice, probably a better guide is what they do with Lightroom Web where they apply the Display P3 profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point is that this is a user-to-user forum. We are all fellow Lightroom users, not Adobe employees. For a feature request, please go to https://feedback.photoshop.com

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johan,  Thanks for referring me to the right place for feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt that Adobe would ever add a feature to strip the profile and profile tag. It is quite opposite to the philosophy of the program to do that. In the meantime, it is trivial to write a photoshop droplet that does it or to do it using the LR/mogrify plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're concerned about the size of the ICC profile (about 3K bytes for sRGB), and you don't want to wait for Adobe to implement your feature request, you can, as Jao suggested, remove them with an Export post-processing command using ExifTool.  Using the Run Any Command plugin, run the following command line as an Export post-processing action:

exiftool -icc_profile= -exif:colorspace=srgb file

This strips the sRGB ICC profile and replaces it with the EXIF:ColorSpace tag. (Not all Web browsers assume untagged photos are in sRGB, so adding the EXIF:ColorSpace tag ensures that every Web browser will interpret it as sRGB.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines