• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face Recognition - How to handle faces of strangers

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started playing around with face recognition.  My library is now over 100K.  Many of these are my kids sports events.  Not surprising I have captured many faces of people I don't know.  These strangers keep showing up as I create my face indexes. 

It would be nice to have a key word to tell Lightroom to ignore these faces.  I started giving them the name of 'unknown', but I fear this is going to just bog down Lightroom's search algorithm over time.

Does anyone know of a clever solution to this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this that I know off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no solution to your problem but I must ask.

Why are you using face recognition?

What do you think it will add to your workflow?

Don't you already know who your children are and their names?

Just trying to get a handle on why people use face recognition and especially in LrC.

Personally I see no use for it in LrC or a use for it anywhere. If I take a picture of a group of people I either know all of them, know some of them and the others I don't know I don't really care about and no need to know their names.

So for me the Face recognition system in LrC stay in the Off position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a wide variety of reasons why it is helpful to have my photos labeled properly and facial recognition can play a big role in this.

I have a library of over 100K photos.  Many of these are landscape and nature photos, but maybe 25% are family, extended family and friends.  This library goes back to even before my kids were born and I am extending it to include pictures that we have of my ancestors and my wife's ancestors.  I get high quality digital images by taking pictures of old pictures or of slides.  My plan is for this to be available to my kids after I die.  I include images from my phone, my wife's and my kid's phones and I try to include photos sent to me if they seem worth saving. 

I find I am constantly searching for images of various family members for birthdays.  For example, my sister-in-law is about to have her 50th birthday.  I did a search and found around 400 images of her in my library.  These were used in an Awesomebox by several family members.

I also find I am being contacted by family and friends for pictures of their kids.  

I believe about 20% of the photos in my library don't have any labels and I am sure a larger percentage have incomplete labels.  Over time I am trying to fix this.

The reason I asked the question was I was trying to figure out how difficult/time consuming it was going to be to use facial recognition and how effective it was going to be.  I am finding it isn't perfect, but it is very helpful. 

I hope this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines