• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files appear with Sharpen Icon and can't be found

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom lost my files. I did not rename them or move them. In Finder these files appear with the Topaz Sharpen icon. I cannot open them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1610309941141.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1610309941143.png

GoldingD_2-1610309941143.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic-versie: 10.1 [ 202012012023-e92d50bb ]
Licentie: Creative Cloud
Taalinstelling: nl-NL
Besturingssysteem: Mac OS 10
Versie: 10.16.0 [20C69]
Toepassingsarchitectuur: x64
Aantal logische processors: 8
Processorsnelheid: 4,2 GHz
SQLite-versie: 3.30.1
Ingebouwd geheugen: 32.768,0 MB
Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen voor Lightroom: 32.768,0 MB
Fysiek geheugen gebruikt door Lightroom: 6.388,6 MB (19,4%)
Virtueel geheugen gebruikt door Lightroom: 28.158,9 MB
Cachegeheugengrootte: 2.377,6MB
Interne Camera Raw-versie: 13.1 [ 658 ]
Maximumaantal door Camera Raw gebruikte threads: 5
Camera Raw SIMD-optimalisatie: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Virtueel geheugen Camera Raw: 3927MB / 16383MB (23%)
Fysiek geheugen Camera Raw: 4009MB / 32768MB (12%)
Schermen: 1) 5120x2880

GPU-info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 580

Toepassingsmap: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Bibliotheekpad: /Users/jacquelinedegroot/Documents/Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10.lrcat
Map Instellingen: /Users/jacquelinedegroot/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Geïnstalleerde plug-ins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture-/iPhoto-importeerprogramma-plug-in
3) Canon Professional Print & Layout
4) Facebook
5) Flickr
6) HDR Efex Pro 2
7) Tetheringplug-in voor Nikon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello GoldingD, 

I hope this is the information that you need (I am afraid it is in Dutch).
What suprises me is the Nikon plug in, as I do not work with Nikon. And I do not see the Topaz Plug ins which I do have (Topaz Denoise, Topaz Sharpen AI and Topaz Gigapixel, which I bought officially). 

Kind regards!

Jacqueline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Finder these files appear with the Topaz Sharpen icon.

This doesn't mean anything. Lightroom Classic should work regardless of the icon.

Show us a screen capture of what you see in Lightroom Classic. Is there an exclamation point icon on the files or a question mark icon on the photos in Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DE5EECB2-DDA9-472B-AF64-76E708FE6BCD.png9255D7F5-4A6E-468B-87A6-CF8E93618705.png8CE53447-CF66-4952-832B-E0AEC347C1EB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herewith the screenshots. In some of the folders there appear grey squares. No photos at all. With the sign ¨!¨ (exclamation sign). 

In other folders I DO see photos. But there are only 2 in LR, whereas if I open the folder in Finder there is a list of 20 or 50 (or whatever) files. However, these I cannot open. They are the ones that appear with the S of Topaz Sharpen AI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the file names of the photos with the exclamation point icons, as shown in Lightroom, match the file names of the photos as seen in Mac Finder? Do the folders and path that Lightroom Classic thinks the file is in match the folders and path that Mac Finder shows the photos are in?

I'm guessing they do not match and this is the cause of your problems. This is all fixable, depending on exactly what the mismatch is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-10 om 22.32.23.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-01-10 om 22.32.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dj Page

I am not sure what you mean. 

If I click on the exclamation poit icon, and than on search, Lightroom directs me to Finder, to the folder where the file with that imagenumber is. That is the case. But from there I can´t do anything with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the posible case I do no longer reply, please accept my apoligies. It is eleven at night here and I have to wake at 5. But I will be reading your advices and try to implement them asap tomorrow.

Thank you very much in advance! 

Jacqueline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What suprises me is the Nikon plug in, 

The Nikon plugin comes with LrC by default. 

The Facebook one also comes with LrC by default, it is now days useless, used to be used in Publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, clear. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning GoldingD,

Is there anything else you would suggest me to do?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not ask for you to click on the exclamation point icon. I asked you to provide some information:

"Do the file names of the photos with the exclamation point icons, as shown in Lightroom, match the file names of the photos as seen in Mac Finder? Do the folders and path that Lightroom Classic thinks the file is in match the folders and path that Mac Finder shows the photos are in?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they do. As far as I understand.

I cannot open the files in Finder either. They seem to be corrupt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of these files in bytes or kilobytes or megabtyes, according to the Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello DjPage, 

Sorry, it seems that I missed your post/message.

As to your question... At ´Show Info' at the top it says 25-30MB, but a few lines further it only says only a few KBs. They must be really corrupt. How this happened? I have no idea.

Thank you so much for your interest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines