• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Logo keeps popping up and no way to clear or close it. HELP!

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this in the general forum yesterday, as I was unsure what was causing this popup to appear. 

For the past 10 days or so, I'm getting this Flash logo popup in the lower right screen of my PC. It seems to show up after importing photos to Lightroom Classic on my PC.

logo.jpg

No matter what I do, I cannot close it, move it, access what's behind it. Nothing. When I right click, these are my options: Disregard the green checks, they were on the help page (background) when I did the snip.

options.jpg 

The only way I can get this out of my way is to restart my computer.

Extremely frustrating to say the least -

I'm running Windows 10 on a new PC I've had for about 6 months. Please help with this annoying Flash logo...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Smilebox app was causing my issues.  Trying to utilize adobe flash and it is no longer there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still need help on this, please.

I followed the instructions to uninstall Flash from my PC. (Windows/Chrome)

Haven't had the same scenario since until today. Got the popup again, can't move it, can't close it, can't acces what's behind it.

I was sitting right here watching it happen. I was importing photos into Lightroom Classic from my Nikon D7000. At the end of the import process, the popup occurs.

Very frustrating, - where is this coming from???

All I can do is restart the PC and then go back into LR to start working on my photos. It only happens at the end of the import process, but not when importing from a location on my desktop.

I have another camera I can try to see if it does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no 'techie' without an answer, but  you might find an answer here- (or maybe you have already looked here  😞 )

https://www.adobe.com/au/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, I have researched as much as possible and cannot find a solution to this issue. I have been to that link and several others.

As far as I know, I have uninstalled Flash from my PC altogether. But this problem persists with the combination of my camera, and importing to Lightroom Classic on my PC. 

Very frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash always left stuff laying around and was hard to completely uninstall. I have not had flash on a machine for 10 years and have not missed it.   Did you try these tools.

Adobe uninstaller

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Microsoft uninstaller

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-the-removal-of-adobe-flash-player-october-27-20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried the 1st link and it just takes me through a series of dead ends and back around to the originial link.

I will post all that is the second link you recommend doesn't work. I clicked on that but to get the update, I have to go to a catalog and I'm not sure which one(s) to download? Assuming it may be one from 10/26/2020 as the update page is dated 10/27/2020? 

Here's the page link: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4577586

Which one.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link I posted I could actually download the Windows Flash Uninstaller so it wasnt a dead end.  

The first link states it doesnt remove the Microsoft/Google preinstalled Flash.  The second link lists a Microsoft solution to remove Flash that was preinstalled.  I didnt look up anything to remove Flash from Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob - It's the 2nd link that I'm talking about when I ask for assistance with removing Flash from Microsoft.

The first link you provided I have followed several times. Here is what happens:

Uninstall 1.jpg

Since I have Windows 10 and Google Chrome, I clicked on the link for Flash Player Help page:

Uninstall 2.jpg

This just informs me that Flash is discontinued and provides NO option to disable in Chrome - only to Enable.

Here is the bottom of the screen.

Uninstall 3.jpg

Just to see what happens, I clicked on Enable Flash for Chrome and I get this:

Uninstall 4.jpg

So then I click on Flash Player EOL Info Page and get this:

Uninstall 5.jpg

So I see a question about how to uninstall Flash player and click on that:

Uninstall 6.jpg

Well, not sure how I'm supposed to be "prompted by Adobe", so I had no option but to click on instructions for Windows and I get this:

Uninstall 7.jpg

So, right back to where I started. This is what I mean by dead ends. 

Furthermore, I decided to try the Windows uninstall option that it says won't work for Windows 10 and Chrome, so I download the Windows uninstaller and follow the instructions: 

Uninstall 8.jpg

I restart my computer and then go to back to the site for Step 4 to verify the uninstallation is complete and get this:

Uninstall 9.jpg

I've already restarted my computer since running the uninstaller, and opened my browser to get back to this page....So I click on Check the status of  Flash Player:

Uninstall 10.jpg

Another click to CHECK NOW:

checking for uninstall.jpg

So this doesn't tell me if Flash is still elsewhere on my computer, just indicates it's disabled in Chrome (which is not even where I'm having the issue), and there is nothing further I can do at this point.

So now do you see what I mean about dead ends??

I'm hoping the 2nd link you posted can help, but like I said, it just takes me to a Windows page for me to pick an update and I don't know which one(s) to download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issues.  Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smilebox app was causing my issues.  Trying to utilize adobe flash and it is no longer there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much. It occurred to me yesterday that MAYBE that might have something to do with it, as that is usually when the Smilebox popup occurs asking me if I want to create a project. I just assumed I was no longer getting the Smilebox popup because I recently got a new computer and thought I did something different when I reinstalled Smilebox on the new machine. I didn't worry about it because the SB popup was annoying anyway. But this Flash popup took its place. Which would be okay if I could just get rid of it without having to restart my computer every time.

So what did you do to fix? Uninstall and reinstall Smilebox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines