• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Galaxy S21 Ultra DNG Files not working correctly in Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine my disappointment with my brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra shooting in Pro Mode when importing images into Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 only to find the Noise Reduction module does not work at all.  (Other basics do, such as exposure, saturation, etc.)  Yet, my DNG files from my prior Galaxy S20 Ultra do just fine in Lightroom along with DNG files from other devices such as my drone. 

For anyone else with this phone, can you report if you experience the same thing?  I'd like to know if this is a broader issue with Samsung's latest phone, or if this issue is isolated strictly to my phone.  

Thank you!

Eric

Footnote:  I just tried attaching a sample shot that is giving me the problem, and I can't upload it because of this error message. Now I'm wondering if this is somehow connected:

• The attachment's 20210205_235657.dng content type (image/DNG) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it on a file sharing service like Dropbox or similar and send us the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet, thank you - I should have thought of that!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMhEHuDLhSrgZhQOw2dERkA-DrN7g?e=RDH9NV

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when I try to perform noise reduction on your photo. I would report this as a bug. https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation DJ, just to be sure - you think this is a bug with the Samsung (corrupted?) file not Lightroom, correct?

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation DJ, just to be sure - you think this is a bug with the Samsung (corrupted?) file not Lightroom, correct?

Eric

By @TVWxMan

I do not have a position on this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I am also having the same issue as you with the S21 DNG files. I tried using another photo editing app, Polarr, and was able to make adjustments to the noise in my photos. With that revelation, I believe it's an issue with Adobe and how they handle the S21's files. I'm not sure what would make it different, but that's what I've noticed. Hope this helps bring some more clarity to the issue.

- Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, to your point I am also able to reduce the noise in Darktable. In my mind I was blaming Samsung for the corrupted file especially since I got that error message trying to upload it here. But now I agree, I think it would be prudent to alert Adobe to this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a bug report at the URL provided below by dj_paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess it's the file format, their version of DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried zooming into 1600% at which point I could detect a very small bit of noise reduction, no color noise reduction.

I ran the file through the Adobe DNG Converter but got the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I opened the file in Luminar 4 and On1 Photo Raw 2018. Both allowed for noise reduction. Of interest: both should little to no color noise, unlike ACR which showed a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines