Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GeForce GTX 1070 Not working with Lightroom CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Hardware Forum,

Recently installed a GeForce GTX 1070 and it's not working with my Lightroom CC. Drivers are up to date and according to some Adobe documentation should be working with LR CC, but it's not passing the OpenGL support test. I can't seem to find any info newer then December 2016 so I'm just wondering if others are having this issue and if there is any movement to fix the issue?

Cheers,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phillipm,

GTX 1070 is the high-end graphics card with OpenGL 4.5 and it's very much compatible with Lightroom as per the minimum system requirements Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Please update Lightroom to its latest update 6.9/2015.9 version and check if that helps also, please provide the system info by going on help menu > System info in Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.

I am using an Nvidia GTX 1070 with the latest driver version (378.92) and Lightroom version 2015.9 and can't enable GPU acceleration because it fails the OpenGL test.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShawnThomasCreative,

We have tried testing the same on a windows platform and everything looks good including the OpenGL test. I would suggest you roll back the GPU driver one or two version back and check if that helps.

Do lets us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Here is my system info. As you can see everything is up-to date and it is failing the open GL test

2017-04-04 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phillipm,

We have tested the same at our end and guess what it did pass the OpenGL test with the same graphics card. Please try rolling back the GPU driver one or two version back also, you may try and create another user account on the same machine and test it there.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

I am having the same problem. What is the supported version of Lightroom CC and GTX 1070 driver combination?

-Hao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. Something is wrong with Adobe compatibility. Before this version of Lightroom it did detect my GPU. I would suspect the recent update on Lightroom eliminated the card somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using a three year old posting to get help with your issue?

Not efficent. Will be ignored by many.

Please post a new problem.

When you do, please include your System Information as Lightroom Classic reports it (in LRC, Help/System Info/Copy) paste info into posting (include info from first line down to just after plug-in info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if Windows, check your NVIDIA software and GPU driver for updates, maybe one that did not complete the install in, perhaps just needing a reboot. Had an issue last night on my rig NVIDIA update in background stalled out during unrelated Windows update, resolved after reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines