• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Lightroom 6 keeps crashing!

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting really frustrated with Lightroom now. I have Lightroom 6 and it crashes on me countless times while editing. Most of the time its crashing when I select certain things on the editing, but sometimes it crashes whenever I try to import. Ive tried turning the GPU off, purging the cache and increasing the capacity, but nothing seems to work!! Im really starting to pull my hair out. Can anyone offer advice?

Mac specs-

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

3.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Many thanks, I THINK it is now sorted , I have reinstalled almost everything , and , touch wood, It has not just “crashed” ie turned the program off and offered to send a crash report to Apple, all morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest LR6 release which is LR 6.14?

If not, update to 6.14 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated about 90mins ago and it still keeps crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if it helps to reset the preferences: Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

What exactly happens and when does it happen when you say 'crash'? Any messages or crash logs?

What is the exact version of your macOS?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I THINK it is now sorted , I have reinstalled almost everything , and , touch wood, It has not just “crashed” ie turned the program off and offered to send a crash report to Apple, all morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Link broken. I cant find 6.14 anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version NUMBER of your Lightroom?

What is the version NUMBER of your operating system?

We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines