• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I sync my Lightroom CC presets between 2 computer?

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway I can sync my presets, watermarks, etc between 2 different PCs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Hi HAWPhotography,

Greetings.

1. Open up Lightroom on the computer that has all your presets.

2. Open  "Preferences"

3. In the Preferences window, locate and click the Presets tab, then click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"

4. Locate the Develop Presets folder and in that folder you should see all your presets

You can copy all your presets and load them on your new computer > in Lightroom > in the Develop Presets folder. You can find that folder by following the steps 1-4. Hope that helps!

Check this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HAWPhotography,

Greetings.

1. Open up Lightroom on the computer that has all your presets.

2. Open  "Preferences"

3. In the Preferences window, locate and click the Presets tab, then click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"

4. Locate the Develop Presets folder and in that folder you should see all your presets

You can copy all your presets and load them on your new computer > in Lightroom > in the Develop Presets folder. You can find that folder by following the steps 1-4. Hope that helps!

Check this link - Exporting Lightroom Presets and Templates | Lightroom Fanatic

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the Cloud technology behind Creative 'CLOUD' this is the best way to sync between multiple computers on the same account? Disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- as users we often think of functions that would benefit us. (This is a User-to-user forum)

Make a suggestion at- Photoshop Family Customer Community

But know that at the moment the "Creative Cloud" is merely Adobe's method of registering and updating software. The "Cloud" for Lightroom only basically allows syncing photos between one computer and a 'mobile' device- not two computers.

Copying presets, etc, still requires copy&paste methods as per Rohit above. Many users also use Dropbox (or similar) to make their presets available anywhere.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc  schrieb

wobertc  schrieb

But know that at the moment the "Creative Cloud" is merely Adobe's method of registering and updating software.

I don't agree. Creative Cloud is – and 6 months later didn't change a lot – more than registering and updating. I think of colors (cloud library), smart objects (cloud library), fonts, stock images… Did i forgot anything?

Syncing Lightroom settings wouldn't be hard to realise, because there are some files to be copied. It's possible doing it manually, why not automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People tend to forget that Lightroom is designed as a single-user, single-computer management system.

Working on multiple computers requires you to jump through some hoops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are there news now?
after the update in June 2018?

Its about syncing presets between too PCs
and its only about LR Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bleib+Stabil  wrote

are there news now?
after the update in June 2018?

Its about syncing presets between too PCs
and its only about LR Classic

No news. No changes. And most users with knowledge do not believe it will happen, because Lightroom Classic is designed around a 'one computer' desktop based system.

We are still required to Copy & paste files from one computer to another if you want all presets, etc, on both computers running Lr-Classic. And they are in several system folders which makes it difficult.

I use software (Microsoft Synctoy) in Computer-1 to specify exactly the folders that store my Presets, Profiles, Preferences. I 'echo' these to Dropbox Folders, then Copy them from Dropbox to the 'same' folders in Computer-2.  (A USB stick is also convenient to carry with you! and as a backup of Presets, etc.)

You could promote the idea of 'Syncing Lr-Classic' Presets at- Photoshop Lightroom Family

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sadly I cant find your idea in the link (Photoshop Lightroom Family)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. The link is only the Feedback Forum. I do not recall if there is a current thread on this topic. You could start your own discussion with the "idea" in a new post..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to that link: there are other user configuration / support files too, relevant to LR.

These are found under "CameraRaw" in the same parent location, as the "Lightroom" folder mentioned.

One workable approach is to sync the contents of both of these folders on an ongoing basis, via e.g. Dropbox (using the locally installed Dropbox app, suitably configured).

There is no need to involve Adobe CC storage in particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really bad that adobe has not yet introduced to sync presets. There are all kinds of presets that are integral part of the workflow and you tend to create new ones quite often especially when you are building your workflow.

rpandita Copying and pasting is a really sucky and hackey way of doing the going forward, I hope Adobe will introduce this feature on priority. This post is from 2015 today is 2018 and adobe still hasn't introduced this feature..that is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting into editing. I have a server that is my daily use PC and a gaming rig that is more powerful and liquid cooled. I usually use my server, as the gaming rig is shutdown unless I'm gaming. Thus I just researched this topic. How disapointing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines