• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change backup folder location?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the location of where my files are backed up?  They currently go to my C drive pictures folder.  I have an ASUS computer with a 2 TB built in hard drive, "D" and that is where I want them to go.  I can just transfer them to the D drive but I want that to be the default backup drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

As far as I know, the only place you can change the backup location is in the backup dialog.

backup-lr-catalog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the only place you can change the backup location is in the backup dialog.

backup-lr-catalog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, lightroom does not or at least no longer offers the option of chosing the back-up location. It simply show the location, which means, I still have no idea how to change the location on C drive, which unfortunately then get synced to and overloads each of my OneDrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-CLASSIC does!  Lightroom does not!

So which Version are you using?

Here is my Backup dialog in V10.1

ScreenShot213.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I use Lightroom Classic.Its dialog box does not let me choose

a backup location. It simply shows where it backs things up. BackupFolder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you change the option in Catalog Settings to-

ScreenShot246.jpg

Then WHEN YOU EXIT LrC you will see the Backup dialog every time you exit, as we show in the screen-shots posted above.

You change the Location WHEN you do the backup. Not in the Catalog Preference Settings.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer helped me a lot, Rob. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines