• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move raw image files from Lightroom into Photoshop, without losing profile settings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with my workflow on editing images, I am starting with Lightroom for global changes and when need it, I am continue editing my raw images on photoshop. Today I found out that if I have applied any profile on lightroom this is not passing on photoshop and I am losing its effects.

The only solution is to export the images as jpgs or dngs and then to import again to continue my edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

"Today I found out that if I have applied any profile on lightroom this is not passing on photoshop and I am losing its effects."

This is not the expected behavior. How are you sending the photo from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop? Please explain step-by-step, leaving nothing out.

UPDATE: Does this solve the problem? https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/canon-r5-lightroom-to-photoshop-edit-in-photoshop/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your prompt reply. I am using the same workflow for the last years. After finishing the global editing on lightroom I am pressing CTRL +E, to continue with local edits on photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the workaround at the link I gave above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these Custom Camera Profiles or any of the Built In camera profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your support, custom profiles that i am using for the last years without any problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop team released an update earlier today that addresses a number of bugs including some inter app bugs. I recommend you update your copy using the Creative Cloud App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stavrosh3385928_0-1605636420900.png

but without success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut LrC and Ps down if running. Restart your computer and then open the CC Desktop App if it does not start with your system. 

On the Help menu of the CC desktop app there is a Check For updates. There should be an update of the CC desktop app and one for Ps to 22.0.1.

If it fails to find the updates Sign Out of the CC App. Shut down and restart then Sign Back in.

2020-11-17 17_11_46-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already on the latest versions

cameraaa.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Stavros.

If I insert a preset in Lightroom and then want to edit the raw file in Photoshop as a SmartObject, the preset is not applied in Lightroom. If I now click on the SmartObject and then go to the Camera Raw Editor in Photoshop, I select a different profile, then select the original again. If I then leave Photoshop (do not close it!) and return to Lightroom, I delete the new PSD file directly. After that everything works as usual again. Until I close the applications again. The problem occurs since the new Photoshop version. Even with the update of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given a link above with a workaround. Have you tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I will test it, but I work with dng-Files, among other things to avoid the XMP files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your solution with "automatically save changes with the xmp" but without success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same problem thanks a lot Micha. I tried your workaround and it worked, though a problem to be solved by adobe, since this adds a few more clicks and definetely a couple of minutes per image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your problem involves a creative profile (whose file has the extension .xmp), then the workaround that's worked for others is to set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

If that doesn't work for you, or if your problem involves a camera profile (whose file has the extension .dcp), then please post the following to the existing bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

- The first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info for both LR and PS.

- The precise sequence of steps you're taking.

- The type of the image file being edited (raw, DNG) along with the name of the profile and where you obtained it.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply, I've already submitted the requested info on the existing bug report mentioned before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Let's continue discussion on the bug-report thread, so that all the information about this problem is in one place.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this bug still exist, I have tried all mentioned solutions and the only workaround is to downgrade to previous versions. 

I went to the bug reporting section, but so many messages without any clear solution. Please before replying read the answers of the previous ones, it is becoming so borring to try to eliminate a problem, by suggesting that this a setting issue, this is just a bug of the newest version and adobe needs to find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines