Exit

How to move the tone curve

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, sorry for my English.
Need your help!

My question is: How to shift the curve up or down without violating the characteristics of the points of the built curve?

( move all points of the curve up or down, but without changing their position in the horizontal plane?

Maybe there is a magic keyboard shortcut that will move the curve up or down with all the points at once?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A magic kb shortcut?" - Not that I know about.

I can only see a labourious workaround of selecting each point on the curve and adding the same amout to the [Output] figure.

eg.  127/127 would be changed to 127/137

Input = Horizontal Axis.  Output = Vertical axis.

ScreenShot074.jpg

(Curious!- With a shortcut- What would happen to a white point 255/255? )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have these "Input/Output" sections under my tone curve Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 22.14.36.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have v8.3 to compare, but TBMK - You do not have the "Input/Output" boxes below the curve window.

Can you check - When you select a point on the curve line with the cursor, do you see the 'numbers' appear at the top of the curve window?

You should be able to get a visual of the numbers, and so to raise points watch the 'output' number rise as you move a point upwards.

ScreenShot093.jpg

I am not really sure exactly what you are trying to achieve by raising the whole curve! Can you explain your reasons?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted copy post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at a computer to rest. I think, if you have a point, then press down on the shift key and mouse click/drag the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @GoldingD  yes, the [Shift] key locks the movement of a point on the curve to the vertical only, so the mouse cursor can only move a point up/down, and not left/right.

Also (in v9.4) when I place the mouse cursor over a point (highlighting the pin), the keyboard up/down Arrow keys become active and each press of a key raises/lowers the point by '1'.  Holding down the [Shift] key and using the Arrow keys raises/lowers the point by '2' (curious!) ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines