• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restore deleted album

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I started syncing a new collection from LR classic to LR cloud. Somehow it happened that all my previously shared albums and folders are deleted although all the pictures are still in there. Is it possible to restore the created albums/folders with all the settings and saved photos I made to them? The albums were not backed up/synced outside of the Creative Cloud services and are deleted across all devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new Sync was it from the original catalog or from a New and or Different catalog than the first sync you did?

You can only sync to LR web from ONE computer and only ONE catalog on that ONE computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it was from a new catalog which I have never synced before.

*Michal Daniš*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said above you can only sync from One catalog on One computer.

Prior releases of LR Classic would Delete previously synced images if you Forced a sync from a different catalog or even the same catalog copied to a different computer.

Adobe changed that to leaving the images on the Web interface when you selected to Sync from a different catalog so you could still have access to those other images. But as far as the Albums you created (actually the Albums are created from the Collections you synce from LR Classic) they are removed as they no longer apply since you are tryhing to sync from a different catalog or even the same catalog from a different computer.

The work around for this limitation is to use the Web interface from the different computer (NOT from inside LR on that different computer or catalog) and Upload images directly to the Web interface. But that also poses a problem. Any images uploaded directly to the web interface is the Whole, Complete, file size not a Smart Preview of it. That will eat up the allotted space you have on the Adobe Cloud system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the perfect explanation.

What if I make a web page with Adobe Portfolio and share albums there, will they stay online even if I change a catalogue to sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't use the Portfolio system so I have no personal knowledge of what happens with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an excellent question. I am not positive of the answer because I am not using Portfolio. My guess is that what you have currently published to portoflio will remain, but the connection to your catalog will be lost. That means you won't be able to update the collections that have already been published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened because you created a new catalog and syncing the new catalog, replaced the synced content of the previous catalog. Only one catalog can be synced at a time. The only way to get the older albums back is to resync the older catalog. Instead of starting a new catalog, return to your older catalog and import the new information into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone tell me if Adobe is able to restore my data from a point in time? This whole sync thing have caused me to lose lots of data and it's not in Deleted for recovery. I need to roll-back, my old Lightroom Catalogue does not appear to be working either for me to recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines