• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer LRC catalog to new account

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using my wife's account on a trial basis but will soon get my own as I'm starting work extensively with Lightroom Classic.  Once I get my own account, can I transfer my catalog to that new account? 

Thanks!

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

In that case, you should be able to just sign onto creative cloud with the new account on the computer you have it installed on and it should just work. You probably won't even need to point it at the catalog file you were using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

No need to uninstall. All you need to do I think is log out of your wife's account in the creative cloud app and then log in using your account. Everything should just work. Lots of people use multiple accounts on the same machine this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, your subscription (as well as hers) is only for the software. What the software creates is completely separate. 

However, if you and she are sharing the same Catalog, than you will need to do some separate becuase that will not work on two separate machines. I'll wait for an answer on that before I suggest how it can be separated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gary.  She doesn't use LRC at all, and the catalog I've created is only on my PC.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog should just load regardless of which account you're logged into. Only potential issue is if you were syncing images to your wife's account. You would need to set up the syncing again in the new account but all that is fairly trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao,

We aren't synching.  My wife doesn't even have LRC installed on her PC.

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you should be able to just sign onto creative cloud with the new account on the computer you have it installed on and it should just work. You probably won't even need to point it at the catalog file you were using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jao.  That's very reassuring.

One question: we are currently  using my wife's full CC account, but I'd probably just buy a photo plan.  Will I have to uninstall the CC plus LRC and PS before moving to the photo plan?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to uninstall. All you need to do I think is log out of your wife's account in the creative cloud app and then log in using your account. Everything should just work. Lots of people use multiple accounts on the same machine this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines