• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can not see pictures taken using tethering lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, first of all i want to thank all your support. I have a Canon EOS rebel SL3 (250D) and i connect to my laptop lenovo T570, so i open Lightroom Classic to start using Tethering, i plugged in via USB and Lightroom detects it, when i start using the "tethering bar" to start taking pictures. I cannot see any of the pictures taken in Lightroom Classic. Im very confused because if i use the software from canon it works properly and can import images to Lightroom from another folder too.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 'Destination' folder have you set in the Tether Capture dialog?

What Folder do you have selected in the Folder panel? Is it the 'Destination' folder?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for reply. Here i attached 2 images where i point to the same folder. I start taking pictures and no image appears. If you need some extra information to help please let me know

tethering-01.jpgtethering-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there is something I'm unaware of, that camera model doesn't seem to be on the list of Canon models supported for tethered shooting.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there JimHess, today i updated my Lightroom Classic to 9.4 this program gives me a link to see the cameras supported. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

In this link i can see my Canon EOS Rebel SL3. Am i doing something wrong? Because after update my software i have the same error in my laptop. Thank you for your support 😃 !

JMolano1029_1-1598222949807.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim is correct! The camera is not listed in supported cameras.

You can use the Canon utility (that does work), and you can set up AUTO IMPORT in Lr-Classic to automatically have the files appear in LrC. The Canon software will tether files to its 'Destination' folder- Set this folder as the 'Watched' folder in the Auto Import dialog, and then a final 'Destination' folder for the final resting place of the files (in Lighrtroom-C).

Note: The 'Watched' folder (files from the Canon) must be empty when setting up Auto Import.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid i found some external adobe link who pointed 8.3 UPGRADE and appears to be work fine with this camera. I tried to use the method you mencioned and it works pretty well. Maybe this camera in future upgrades will be 100% compatible. Thank you so much for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines