• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting an error message in Lightroom 6 when I try to export a photo. It's "The specified folder is not writable". It doesn't matter which folder I pick, I get the same message. However, if I open the image in photoshop and then save it, it works just

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already reset my lightroom preferences, didn't work. I also uninstalled, and reinstalled lightroom. Didn't work either.

I have no problems with any other programs including photoshop, so this has to be an issue with lightroom.

Also, I can import from a memory card using lightroom and save to them to the folders just fine, the error only comes when I'm exporting a photo after I'm done editing in.

I'm running windows 8.1 and the folders are all onedrive folders. (I have unlimited onedrive storage so I take full advantage of it.) I've always saved them this way, and only started having trouble after updating to Lightroom 6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error as well after upgrading to 6.  If I don't change the export folder, I'm able to specify a new subfolder and export fine.  But if I want to select a completely different folder or drive, I get the error every time.  I do this regularly so I also suspect it's a bug with 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue with Lightroom 6 when exporting to a folder on Onedrive if it is not a folder that existed before I upgraded to 6 (ie if I create a new folder on Onedrive as part of the Export process it will create the folder but will not let me export to it). I think I will revert to 5.7 until it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Can't export to any folder in my OneDrive with Lightroom 6. Existing or new folders, no difference for me: "folder is not writable". It's quite annoying as this is an important part of my workflow. I deliver most of my pictures to my clients by OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder is not writable probably means that the permissions on that desired folder are not set to Write permission. Change your permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with write permissions for the OneDrive folder only shows up in Lightroom 6's export dialogue, that's why it's to irritating. Lightroom 5.7.1 is not having that problem nor does the file explorer. The problem also exists on both of my machines. I will try to check for other problems with the OneDrive troubleshooter though: Running the OneDrive troubleshooter - Windows Help   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your operating system

Go to your favorite search engine and type in

Change Permissions MAC

OR

Change Permissions Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

how?

Are you saying you don't know how to use search engines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution for that: You have to check "Enable this program to work with OneDrive files" here: C:\programs/adobe/adobe lightroom, trigger the context menu on lightroom.exe, click properties and look for "compatibility". After that it worked for me again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll have a go later today, it would be great if it fixed it. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there also a solution for Windows 10? I think they removed the "Enable this program to work with OneDrive files" feature in Window 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried with the latest version of Lightroom CC and Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2 and had no problem exporting to the onedrive folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you changed anything on the permissions? My Lightroom CC still thinks it has not privileges to export to my OneDrove folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't change any file permissions. I had set ""Enable this program to work with OneDrive files" in my Windows 8.1 installation, upgraded and it works. Make sure you have the latest version of Lightroom CC 2015. Also the handling of OneDrive changed big time in Windows 10 as it doesn't know placeholders anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom CC 2015 on Windows 7, and when I open the compatability tab for lightroom.exe, there is no option to select "Enable this program to work with OneDrive files". Is there any other option to resolve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, windows 10, OneDrive and LightR=room and the export does not work, same error "this folder is not writeable" Either Microsoft or Adobe need to fix this. I have logged a call with Microsoft as well but no response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Windows 10 and have the same problem.  Lightroom cannot write to folders in the export dialog if they are in OneDrive.  I tried Windows 8 compatibility, running as administrator, and none worked.  I confirmed that all the directories and disk are writeable by my userid and that Lightroom is running under my username.

This is on a brand new PC, clean installation of everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by resetting the location of my OneDrive. I restarted my PC, exited OneDrive, deleted the local OneDrive files from my C: drive, then reopened the OneDrive program. I prompted it to put OneDrive on another drive (E:) and now it works for me.

I'm running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be stating the obvious but it would seem as though Lightroom cannot export to a OneDrive folder in Windows 10. Microsoft have remove the compatibility option ion Windows 10 which may be a factor. The workaround is to export to a local folder then copy the files using explorer. I would think that Adobe should be able to fix this quickly so hopefully we will soon have a little update that addresses this issue. Several people myself included have added this to discussions so I would think Adobe will pick up on this. To me its almost like they are blocking tit as every other application I have Photoshop included seem to have no issues with the OneDrive in  Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointing, I cannot setup a Hard Drive Publish to a One Drive Folder.    - Please Fix ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this problem is back, following an upgrade to Windows 10. Really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the same problem after installing Windows 10. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines