• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting an error message in Lightroom 6 when I try to export a photo. It's "The specified folder is not writable". It doesn't matter which folder I pick, I get the same message. However, if I open the image in photoshop and then save it, it works just

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already reset my lightroom preferences, didn't work. I also uninstalled, and reinstalled lightroom. Didn't work either.

I have no problems with any other programs including photoshop, so this has to be an issue with lightroom.

Also, I can import from a memory card using lightroom and save to them to the folders just fine, the error only comes when I'm exporting a photo after I'm done editing in.

I'm running windows 8.1 and the folders are all onedrive folders. (I have unlimited onedrive storage so I take full advantage of it.) I've always saved them this way, and only started having trouble after updating to Lightroom 6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Lightroom cc and Windows 10. It is very annoying.

Lightroom cc had been a nightmare for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now December and I'm still getting this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one easy workaround as I just found out. Try that: When you start the export dialogue select "choose folder later" on the very top. It's not the default setting.

I started the export, selected the folder on my OneDrive and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tim but the problem is if you're using a publish service, which is (was) handy for backing up to Onedrive as it synchronizes everything nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very need work around it works a treat !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019 now, and nothing changed...

I can't understand why it worked earlier on my machine with Win10, but after reinstalling LR I have the same problem now.

I've found a plugin for exporting directly to OneDrive, but it costs too much for this stupid MS+Adobe bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the system Win 10, version LR 8.2 everything works fine, after updating to LR 8.3 the same problem appeared. Nothing helps except rollback to the old (8.2) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above, if you click on "choose folder later" it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue with this and it doesn't matter where I try to place new folder or if I run LR as administrator.

Its nice that choose folder later works, but i would like to pay for functional program and not for the one that is broken with new update and I have to look for the solution for non-functional featers broken after the update. Well done adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

For those using Lightroom Classic 8.3 version and getting an error message "The specified folder is not writable":

We are happy to announce that Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP STOP STOP

makes my head spin

You are posting a v8.3 problem, a very nasty problem, into a four year old discussion (similar) for v6 that actually appears to deal with one drive.

Multiple discussions actualy for v8.3 already exist, a good 6 of them.

And an actual Adobe feedback site problem has been posted

Go to this link and add yourself to it (me to)

Lightroom Classic 8.3: Issues exporting photos to a Network Drive | Photoshop Family Customer Commun...

incidentally: some existing discussions on this very problem:

No Export after update

"The specified folder is not writeable" during Export after update to LR Classic 8.3

All folders on Synology NAS are write protected

Exportproblem nach update auf LR 8.3

Lightroom 8.3 unable to write to hard drive after update

export message "the specified folder is not writable"?

Lightroom Classic 8.3 error "the destination folder is not writable"

Please remember that this is an internet forum**. This is not a support page. Actual Adobe employees rarely interact on this site. I for one am just a grumpy old customer. To actually contact someone at Adobe read Ref (1). Another way to get Adobe’s attention is to place your issue at REF (2)

REF (1) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2105584

REF (2) https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for v8.3 this is the current workaround:

Error while selecting a folder for export location

Does not not work for everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines