• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I upgraded to the new Lightroom Classic and lost my catalogs!

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Lightroom Classic and lost my catalogs!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pretty limited and brief description of the problem, so all I can say is: No, you didn't.

Why do you think you lost your catalogs? What do you see? Did you look for your catalogs? Don't you have backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind response, I've been devastated thinking I lost my 2 catalogs with a total of about 100,000 images. When I clicked on the upgrade from Lightroom all that happened is that I got a blank without my catalogs. I used File Browser and old copies are present but not my 2 catalogs. My backups which are somewhere that I can't find them. Any ideas?     Marvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are tou using your OS file manager to Search for 

.lrcat

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'm not familiar with OS file manager. Where might I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a MAC, that would be Finder

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201732

If Windows, that would be File Explorer

https://uis.georgetown.edu/file-explorer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Backups can't be found? Then you need to search for them using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. Their name ends with LRCAT.ZIP.

But really that's a poor excuse. You need to know where your backups are located. This is critical, and it is your responsibility to know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines