• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from CFExpress card check box to 'include subfolders' on import is not 'sticky'

Advocate ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v 10.11 importing from a SD card is wonderful, import window comes up when card is detected and all files on card show, But CF Card is not only not detected, it also does not 'see' files on the card and wants the check box 'include subfolders to be checked. The checkbox for subfolders does not remember and asks every time after I have to look at drives and select the CF card for import. Is there a way to 'streamline' importing from a CF card so that Lightroom acts like it does when I instert a SD card? detects CF card, remembers to look at all files even in subfolders. Would make sense to me to see Lightroom behave equally with CF cards as it does with SD cards. Can any of this be improved through settings or menu choices in preferences?... I see nothing to help so I ask here...

TIA,

Ken

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This most likely is not a Lightroom issue if importing from SD cards is working as expected. How old is the CF card? Do you have another CF card that you can try to eliminate whether it is this particular card? I've stopped using my CF cards because they are all old and SD cards are so much faster in camera. Newer cameras are mostly (if not all) SD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is due to the fact that both Windows and Mac OS X recognize CF Express cards as external disks and not as removable media. This is to get the maximum speed out of the cards. Unfortunately Lightroom, when an external disk is connected, does not show an import dialog automatically and it also does not remember settings such as subfolders and such. You can't do anything about this as there is no way for Lightroom to know that you are inserting a card instead of plugging in an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines