• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing pics

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I run LC on Windows 10 and now also have an iMac. LC has installed ok, I saved the Catalog (from the PC) onto a USB stick and it has loaded ok on the iMAc - all the photo folders are showing in the lefthand column but greyed out,  I am now trying to import the photos themselves. I saved a sample folder from the PC on an external HD and loaded it onto the iMac in a folder I created in Finder. I have tried importing them into LC (both from the Finder location and the HD itself) and they initially appear in the library grid 'lit up' but are then greyed out also - help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-importing photos that have been previously imported into the catalog is never the correct method.

You want to point the Lightroom Classic catalog to the new location of the photos as the iMac sees them. To do this, you use the "Find Missing Folder" command as explained in the following instructions (see, in particular, Figure 4) http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that, I will try again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines