• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Lightroom Classic 9.1, Altitude saved in metadata preset is not applied

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a metadata preset for my house that includes the full address, GPS coordinates and altitude (295 ft), and each of the fields have a checkmark to the right of them in the preset. When I select photos and apply the preset, GPS coordinates and the address fields (city, state, country) are applied to the photos, but altitude is not. If I manually set the Altitude to 295 ft afterwards, it is applied to the photos. 

Any idea why I cannot use Altitude in the preset? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you on? Has it worked in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a photo of your home  that you are editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce that bad behavior on my LR 9.1 / Mac OS 10.14.6.  Troubleshooting steps:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the first ten lines here.

2. Attach the preset's .lrtemplate file here. To find that file, go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets.  The preset will be in the Metadata Presets subfolder. To attach the file: After posting your reply, click More > Edit Reply at the bottom of the reply. Then click the little paperclip icon in the lower-left corner of the reply box. Then click Apply Edits. 

If you don't want to disclose your home location, then create a preset with another location, verify it has the problem, and attach it to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 9.1 for Windows (10). The preset is for my childhood home. I have created other presets as well, and they work except for the altitude. 

The preset folder is C:\Users\Dagfinn\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Metadata Presets contains the file "5Honeberget, Teie.lrtemplate", and its content is this (the file is also attached after changing the extension to txt to be able to attach it):

s = {
id = "E7ACE38A-EE53-4BCB-AFB1-B8D68E3EB1D5",
internalName = "Høneberget, Teie",
title = "Honeberget, Teie",
type = "Metadata",
value = {
["com.adobe.GPS"] = "59°14'35.891\" N 10°24'22.938\" E",
["com.adobe.GPSAltitude"] = "164.0 ft",
["com.adobe.caption"] = "",
["com.adobe.city"] = "Nøtterøy",
["com.adobe.country"] = "Norway",
["com.adobe.isoCountryCode"] = "NO",
["com.adobe.location"] = "Teie",
["com.adobe.state"] = "Vestfold",
["com.adobe.title"] = "",
["info.regex.lightroom.gps.timezone"] = "",
uuid = "20F2A589-86A2-44E1-A0CE-44CAC41E2720",
},
version = 0,
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What language is LR in? Windows? Does Altitude display in LR’s Metadata panel in meters or feet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting bug. If you remove, say, Title or Caption from the preset, it correctly sets Altitude.  

I filed this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-metadata-preset-doesnt-always-set-a...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines