• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete Library View

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved LrC files from old Mac to new Mac.  Despite the confirmed presence of the most recent (2019 and 2020) folders and files on the new machine, the LrC library does not see them.  In other words, LrC sees and allows me to interact with all of my files except most of 2019 and 2020.  

Reloading LrC 10.1.1 did not resolve the issue.  Running Mac OS Big Sur 11.1.  All of the files reside on an ext hard drive whereas the library resides on the computer ... could that be the issue?

NOTE:  This is NOT a "Locate missing photos - restore links" issue. 

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you have copied and opened an older catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds reasonable, let me look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue not resolved.  Copied each of the mort recently used libraries from the old to the new machine, it still doesn't see the most recent files.  Today I will try re-copying all the 2019 files, thinking perhaps there is a corrupted file in that group somehow preventing LR from seeing beyond it.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard of anything like that. Does the Lightroom folder panel show the 2019 and 2020 folders? If not, then this can't be your most recent catalog. If it does (but not the images) then there is a problem with the catalog itself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't.  It shows the first 3 events of 2019, but all events after that do not show, about 20 events or so, maybe 5-600 photos total.  And it shows none of 2020.

Today I'm conferencing with my son, who use's LR every day at work, to see what he might come up with.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds very much like you did open an old catalog after all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "most recent libraries"? Do you know how to find your most recent catalog, and the supporting files? It sounds pretty certain that you are opening an older catalog and that is why folders are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I have a habit of calling catalogs by the term libraries.  Over time I tried 3 or 4 of the catalogs but they all were missing the same 2019 and 2020 folders. 

My son is also puzzled as to why LR recognized some folders/files and not others.  Following our efforts yesterday we were able to resolve the issue by using LR to import the missing folders/files.  Now LR can recognize and access all the files in storage and I'm a happy camper.   

Johan and Theresa, thank you for your help!  Hopefully I won't be updating computers again for a long time.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines