• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect lens identification for Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update all the images I have taken with my Sigma 50mm lens are labelled with "Tokina opera 50mm F1.4 FF". Is there a fix??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dewio,

Sorry that the lens "Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art" is being labelled as Tokina opera 50mm F1.4 FF" in Lightroom Classic.

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

I'd recommend that you take a look at this discussion Lightroom/Camera Raw: Incorrect lens name for Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Photoshop Family Customer Commu...  and let us know if that helps?\

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 8.3.1. From the discussion in the link you provided, it seems that this is a long-standing problem for which no solution exists. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this incorrect Lens name on all the newly imported images or for all the images in your Library?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am only seeing the incorrect lens name on newly imported images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the issue further to the Engineering team. I'd recommend that you also add your vote and feedback to the related discussion Lightroom/Camera Raw: Incorrect lens name for Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Photoshop Family Customer Commu...

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same problem here, has happened a few versions ago. Issue still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with me - Lightroom Classic version: 8.3.1 [ 201905241238-dcd7e2de ].

It was not a problem before (I don't know since which version it is a problem, but it was not some versions ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This is still an ongoing issue, LR shows Tokina Opera 50mm for imported images taken with a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art lens. Images already in the catalog from last year are just showing as an unknowm 50mm!!   I'm assuming that the Lens Correction Profile is wrong.

I'm using LR Classic 8.4.1& Camera RAW 11.4.1

When is this going to be corrected! Or allow me to edit the ID on my application!

A little frustrating!!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here same problem, lightroom Classic 9.2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists with LrC 9.3 and only with the (Canon) Sigma ART 50mm lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated above, you should post your obseravtions at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/incorrect-lens-name-for-sigma-50mm-f-1-4-art?...

The engineering team only very seldom visit this forum. So, again, use above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still persists Lightroom Classic 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read the earlier comments about where to report bugs. This is not the proper forum for bug reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted it to the correct one right after, thanks. Amazing that this is still an issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does your lens have the latest firmware? ... it should fix the problem. (sigma-dock)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used a Sigma dock before so no firmware upgrades to date. Looking at the cost of a dock I think I'll just have to live with it though lightroom should recognise it no matter how current the firmware is.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a mistake from Sigma. Lightroom only reads what Sigma makes available.

I had the same problem. After a long research i found the answer. Firmware update of the Sigma lenses. 🙃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are content to have the wrong lens name indicated by LrC, but do require the right (Adobe) lens correction profile applied, you can choose the desired lens profile manually and then set that as a user-override for other photos hereafter that share this same original Lens ID code.

The plugin LensTagger, plus a sequence of LrC operations involving first writing out and then subsequently reading back external XMP metadata, can be used to alter the lens description etc metadata that LrC currently shows. But that would have to be done actively to the photos showing the wrong description - there is no way AFAIK to get LrC to change what lens description text it is associating with a particular Lens ID code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines