• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram Add On

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have the Instagram addon for Lightroom, and it has been working perfectly until today.  Starting today, it will no longer upload anything.  I have done pretty normal actions like restarting Lightroom, and then restarting my computer.  I have changed photos out, in case there were issues with specific photos.  no matter what I do, it will no longer upload anything to my Instagram.

Any suggestions?  or should I just wait a few days to see if there is some glitch going on that is getting fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Update your lr/instagram plugin to the latest version by downloading from the website. It might be a bug that got fixed a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your lr/instagram plugin to the latest version by downloading from the website. It might be a bug that got fixed a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 0.6.1574 version wich seems to be the latest one but still got the problem...

cannot publish and i even cannot log in: " ?:0: attempt to index field 'logged_in_user' (a nil value) "...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you need to log out of instagram in the plugin and log back in again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i do that?

I delete the previous plugin and install the 0.6.1574. And when i want to configure it i can't log...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging onto https://www.instagram.com or opening IG in your phone. It might need to do reauthentication before it will let you log on through Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok gonna try to logout of all the applications.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instagram has some finicky security measures and really tries to prevent people from using desktop applications so they periodically try to break programs and plugins such as lr/instagram so it is possible they just changed something that needs another update to the plugin. Remember that IG is owned by Facebook and Facebook recently shut down all access from desktop applications which is why you can't do direct Facebook upload from Lightroom Classic anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...

i will wait for maybe an update. I tried authorizing FB, deleting FB...

Still the same issue...

How can i do to post on IG from my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Facebook account to logon, the plugin can't use those according to the plugin's website. It needs to be an instagram account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an instagram account. I use it yesterday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are having the same issue that I had.  On Wednesday, everything was fine.  On Thursday, I started getting weird error messages.  I haven't been home to try installing the newest version of the plugin, but you have made me feel like it won't do any good.

Honestly, I don't even understand why Instagram is so opposed to using desktops for uploading.  It seems strange to have a problem with that.

I'll try to see if I can get the latest version to work, but I am skeptical after reading your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe i didn't do the good way...

Please tell me if you manage. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, well I installed the newest plugin version.  I wasn't sure if I should remove the old one or not.

So Lightroom just disabled the older one, and automatically enabled the new one.  this seems to have made it so that I can upload photos again.

I will say that the photos no longer leave the "New photos to upload" area.  I wonder if this will cause issues when I try to add more photos later?   It already makes it seem like I won't be able to fix any issues, and then mark them to be republished.  Maybe another patch will fix that.  Still, the fact that I can upload photos again is great.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines