• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Grid of Dots of Printing Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printing problem with several images -- there is a light, barely discernable, square grid pattern of small black dots on the prints.  On one print the grid lines are about 3/8" apart and on another about 5/8", both on 8 x 12" images.  The images are TIFs that I created by exporting them to Photoshop for some work and then back to Lightroom.  However, when I print the same images in Photoshop there is no grid.  This does not happen with all my Lightroom to Photoshop and back TIFs.  I have no idea what might be going on. I using a Canon Pixma 100 printer in color. I can't see the grids in Lightroom (or Photoshop), but they show up on the Pixma preview screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking closer I can see that the grids are not black dots, just darker lines of the same color in that area of the photograph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an icc profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the printer driver, I've selected Photo Printing and Matte Photo Paper, but I don't think this constitutes an icc profile perse. It's not specific to the paper I'm using.

Michael

http://www.michaelpagemillerphotography.com/ - A Cabinet of Curiosities, Jazz Fest, Walls and Spray Paint, and more new stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are two samples prints.  I've emphasized the grid lines which are otherwise very faint and hard to see unless you are holding the actual print in your hand. Grids-1.jpgGrids-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines