• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

light room slow and crashing

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom has been very slow,locking up and ultmately crashihg    I am using the current lifghtroom classsic and a mac pro with OS10  (latest update)   I did recently have an eternal hardrive falilure abd had to  reinstale  all  my lighroom files from a back up to a lacie  RAID    set to mirror my lightroom folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Lightroom Classic on OS X? (OS 10) That's your problem right there. I doubt the current Lightroom Classic will run on such an old operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give LRC version and exact version of mac os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the LR preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige OSX is the overall term for all the versions 10.x.x just prior to Big Sur V 11.x

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the OP said OS10, he didn't say OSX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple naming convention for Mac computers changed from OS X to macOS sometime around version 10.11. The name for the current version of Mac's is macOS Big Sur v 11.2.1. the version previously was macOS Catalina v 10.15.x.

See the screen captures.

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 7.58.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 8.34.18 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DdeGannes Thanks for the correction 🙂

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines