• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015.6 Painfully slow since update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10, 16G memory, GPU processor active.  Since upgrading to 2015.6 a few days ago, the develop module is painfully slow.  Very sluggish moving from photo to photo and lag in displaying changes.  Is anyone else experiencing these problems?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

A memory leak has been identified in LR 6.6 and CC 2015.6: Lightroom 2015.6 Extremely Slow | Photoshop Family Customer Community

My system with 12GB memory starts to slow down as soon as LR memory usage reaches ~50% and then gets worse as you browse or edit images in the Develop module. It will cause Adjustment Brush lag that gets worse as you edit more images.This is independent of the GPU setting in LR Preferences. Some have found minimizing the LR window, waiting 2-3 seconds, and then maximiz

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 141 Replies 141
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to see if it's related to the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU checkbox makes no noticeable difference either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to have the same issue Adobe remote access to my PC unchecked the GPU and cleaned Temp files  Ran ok for about half hour and started the same issue  i have added another 16 gig of ram and its now using that as well also loading the processor up as well

This is costing time and money not good enough Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, I have the same problem I have gone back to previous install. It just got so slow waiting for images to reload in the develop mode. Cheers Tao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tao, I'm not familiar with the process of going back to previous install.  Is it simple enough to describe.  That's what I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uninstall from the Windows Control panel
  2. From the link below install LR6.0/CC2015.0
  3. After successful installation expand the LR6 link to see all previous updates and download LR6.5.1/CC2015.5.1

Install Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back to CC2015.0.  You say to "expand the LR6 link to see all previous updates and download LR6.5.1/CC2015.5.1".  I'm sorry, but I can't find a LR6 link that offers all previous updates.  Can you give any assistance?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own an account creative cloud. I think that this solution can not be used by me, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution works for CC members

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I owned many collections shared with LR Mobile. I suspected that this could be causing the problem, because the synchronization was locked. I turned off all collections. They were still two photos with synchronization problems (?), So I decided to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom DC and only synchronized one of the collections that I need to share the photos with a co-worker. Since then I have a minor problem of slowness and memory leak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am extremely frustrated! This version is extremely slower than the previous version, which in turn was slower than the one before it. Moving from one image to the next, takes at least 5seconds and adjusting any slider causes Lightroom to freeze, with the lovely "circle of death" reminding me that it's thinking and I should not perform any actions, for 2 seconds or so. I am a very tolerant person but feel like I've had it now! It feels like I am falling out of love with a craft that I once was excited about because editing, which is a very important part of the process, doesn't work. And instead of improving, Lightroom has quickly gotten worse over time! It has taken me 2 and a half days to edit 450 photos, and there's a few more to do but Lightroom has now CRASHED hence my angst here! I have a couple jobs more to edit and I am in a position where I am not seeking after more work because of a backlog of jobs to edit. This is really costing me and I am very angry because I just want to get on with my work. Yes I have a decent system, yes I have plenty of RAM, yes I have a SSD installed. ADOBE, please please please, I just want to edit and enjoy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems - lightroom is just crappier and crappier and crappier with freezes, slow-downs, unusable sliders...it is total shit, quite frankly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar experience. I'm running an up-to-date Windows 10 installation (freshly installed two days ago) on a PC with an i7 4790, GTX 970, 24 GB of RAM, and Samsung SSDs. There's nothing underwhelming about my specs. Lightroom is completely up-to-date and I've got 50GB allocated to Camera Raw Cache. And still, Lightroom runs incredibly slow!

I feel like a hostage to this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggestions already made in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have tried to use the new update on three different computers: a fast Windows 10 PC, a 2011 MacBook Pro, and a 2013 Mac Pro (Macs are running El Capitan), and the 2015.6 update is equally slow on all of them. It's probably most apparent when trying to use the adjustment brush on a photo. After every brush stroke or develop setting adjustment, Lightroom just freezes for a long time (and I often get the spinning beach ball on the Macs). Doing pretty much anything is impossible. I didn't have any problems before this update. Like others have said, disabling GPU makes no difference.

Looking at the system resources, it looks like LR is using a lot of CPU, even when I'm not actively doing anything (and it's not doing any visible background operations either, like syncing with LR mobile etc). Not sure if this is behind the sluggishness, or if it's normal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Pro 2013 as well experiencing the same issue. The latest update makes it completely unusable. I'm curious about the computers you tried it on. Did any of the machines have nvidia cards in them? I'm wondering if there is any specific problems with ATI (even if GPU acceleration is disabled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an NVidia card.  I went back to 2015.5.1 and everything works well again.  I'll be more careful about updating so quick next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I'm using an older iMac with 16GB of ram.  The point is it started with the last update.  I force quit Lightroom 3 or 4 times a week now.  I always have kept Lightroom open because it's such a big program to open and since the 6.6 update 50% of the time it now becomes unresponsive when my Mac is awakened from sleep.  It's silly that this problem exists and terrible that Adobe has not responded to their customers concern.  Silly also that people respond to our issues like it's a user error.  Dummies do not use Lightroom as it takes creativity and intelligence to use this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and complete disregards the fact that all was fine before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are responses, further down in the threaded view of this forum discussion, but made back almost a month ago on Jun 16, that indicate there is a memory leak and the fix is to roll back otherwise you'll just have to wait for Adobe to fix it in the next hotfix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, there is a memory leak - not the first time adobe have had that problem - have just done the roll back but its taken me back a few versions.

BTW - I don't consider a rollback to be a fix, it is at best a very poor work around. And as for the next hotfix - it was the last performance fix that has created this.

I'd like to know if there is a way to choose which version to rollback to if on CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are following the instructions at the link in the reply below the reply about their being a memory leak, you can roll back to LR 6 (.0) then download the patcher for the version you want to roll back to and run that.  At the point the instructions were written there weren't nearly as many versions as their are now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines