• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 and Fujifilm XT2 (RAF Files)

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am thinking about buying Lightroom 6 (stand alone, or DVD) to start developing my pictures. Currently I have Photoshop Elements 11 (very old and quite slow)

I have recently acquired a Fujifilm XT2 and here it is where my doubts arise.

Is Lightroom 6 capable of handling the RAF files from XT2.

I have discarded the Adobe CC option as not being a professional, just an amateur who wants to be able to play with my XT2 RAF files, I don't find much sense to pay every year 144€ for a SW that I may use 2 or 3 times a month (in the weekend). I think the Standalone version suits me better, as long as the RAW material from my new camera can be processed.

Does anybody know if:

a) Lightroom 6 handles RAF from XT2

b) If not, can Lightroom 6 be upgraded, paying of course, to the Lightroom version (stil standalone) which cover the XT2 files? I don't think I will be changing of camera for a while (my previous Nikon, D40, dates from 2008)

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X-T2_RAF.PNG

Lightroom CC 2015 supports RAF files from the Fuji -XT2. So the stand alone LR 6.7 (latest version) will also support these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much... If I can find the specific update LR 6.7 I am pretty sure to by the LR6.0 and upgrade from there.

I have tried the CC version (test version) and it can read the RAF files without a problem (it does not recognize the lens but that is not important at this moment, the RAF files are objective)

Again thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have tried Lightroom CC then you know how Lightroom 6  will behave because they are the SAME program, installed from the SAME installer. The only difference is that when you license Lightroom 6 using a serial number you will not have some of the features that have been added since Lightroom 6 was released. Specifically, the one feature that seems to come up most often is the dehaze filter. It is not available when Lightroom 6 is licensed with a serial number. When/if there is a Lightroom 7 released, you will be able to purchase an upgrade that will "probably" have that feature as well as the other features  that have been added to Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again,

I am sorry I am a bit confused: does it mean that I won't be able to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.7 in a standalone version?

I imagine the current CC version is equivalent to something a bit more advance than 6.0. In any case as long it can read RAF and apply the interesting features Ligthroom offered upto 6.0 I will be happy. I only need to be able to work with the files from the XT2.

Regards,

German

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I am a bit confused: does it mean that I won't be able to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.7 in a standalone version?

This was never stated, and it is not correct. Yes, you can update Lightroom 6.0 to Lightroom 6.7, free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was misunderstanding and hence I was not sure.... thank you very much!!! That solution will work very well!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going from Lightroom 6 .0 to Lightroom 6 .7 is an update which provides additional camera support. New features are added to the standalone version of Lightroom when a new major upgrade is offered. Those upgrades must be purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you... that solution works... when 7.0 comes up I will consider it but for the moment 6.0 plus upgrades will suit me perfectly!!

Thank you all for taking your time to share light on this problem of mine!

Very appreciated!

I have no longer doubts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom DOES NOT read Fuji XT-2. Ich have lightroom cc and ist impossible to read raf files from my xt 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The X-T2 has been supported since Lightroom CC 2015.6.

Click Help > System Info to see which version of Lightroom you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed Lightroom does import and work with Fuji XT-2 RAW photos, as stated here:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You need Lightroom 6.6 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had no doubts although now that I have installed the standalone version, I don't see anyway to update my version to 6.7.

The Application does not offer the update to me as a default (as I was expecting) and I don't see, for the moment, any link to request this update...

All the links divert me to the CC product nothing to the standalone version.

Does anybody know, among this forest of links and options, how to get to the right spot for these updates?

Currently my RAF files are NOT recognised, being the version 6.0

Thank you very much. I am sorry for being so helpless in all this configuration stuff but I am new to this platform.

Kind regards,

German

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... Please discard this message.

I have received the answer from a friend and it worked... it seems it takes sometime the program to communicate or activate and then it allows me the upgrade!!

Thank you again for your attention and your very appreciated assistance!

Regards,

German

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

can you tell me how it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just installed the CC trial version and I can't import my RAF files from my XT2...

is it normal?

Moreover, the option "update" in Help menu is "not available".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Best,

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel

Try the direct download link for the LR6.10/2015.10 patch.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but it doesn't work I can't install it... I don't know why but the installer says Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 14.13.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines