• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 7.3: Presets, Vibrance and Saturation Sliders Not Working.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Lightroom Classic 7.3 on my desktop last night.  I opened a project I worked on last week in the previous version.  I wasn't able to apply any of the presets to pictures. I looked at the history and nothing changes.  I tried several presets, included Lightroom's own.  On top of that, the Vibrance and Saturation sliders in the Basic development panel were greyed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

A comment on your screen-clip:

Dehaze has moved to the Basic Panel- correct in v7.3

But I do not see the Profile line at the top of the Basic Panel as I would expect. I would also expect to see only Color OR B&W on the HSL panel header, but not both together.

So I think something is wrong with your install.

Perhaps doing an Uninstall and fresh re-install using the CC Desktop App may fix the problem.

Even running the Adobe CC Cleaner program is sometimes helpful. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jsm1963,

Sorry that the vibrance and saturation sliders in the basic development panel are not working in the recent Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update. Also, you are unable to apply presets on your images.

Could you please provide us a screenshot of a short video capture illustrating this issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-04-05.png

Rather than using an old catalogue (from last week), I tried starting a new "test" catalogue for this video.  All I got was black when I played this on my computer, but it played fine on my phone,  Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertk64763096​jsm1963​stephenb68401314​matic dolenc​kerens56291788​christianr85520231​

Could you share the logs generated using the instructions from this page - Log Collector Tool?

Also, could you share the screenshot of the System Info (Help-->System Info) dialog?

Thanks,
Smit
Lightroom Classic Team

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smit,

Not much point now as I have reverted to LR 6.14

However I can say that I did dump the LR "system info" shortly after I updated my software to 7.1 . It clearly showed that the version was 7.1 and that the licence was "perpetual".

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same problem, but here's some more detail as I see it.

If I open any image that I have edited in the past, the vibrance and saturation sliders are greyed out. If I then RESET the image, then use the history list to undo the reset, the sliders reappear and are functional.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the new presets intentionally disable the Saturation and Vibrance sliders because they are B&W or apply an Effect (eg Grain). May be you could list some of the presets that you expect to allow saturation and vibrance adjustment but are now disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Kodachrome preset I used only last weekend with the previous version of Lightroom.  On the off chance that it was no longer compatible with 7.3, I also tried Lightroom color presets.  In all cases I see the changes in the preview on the left side, but nothing happens to the picture when I select it.  And the history doesn't change.  I also tried it with a new catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A comment on your screen-clip:

Dehaze has moved to the Basic Panel- correct in v7.3

But I do not see the Profile line at the top of the Basic Panel as I would expect. I would also expect to see only Color OR B&W on the HSL panel header, but not both together.

So I think something is wrong with your install.

Perhaps doing an Uninstall and fresh re-install using the CC Desktop App may fix the problem.

Even running the Adobe CC Cleaner program is sometimes helpful. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Answer is not helpful for me. It is not working, I updated my Lightroom v 7.3.1 and my HSL Slider always off, My Presets, Sync Option, Copy & Past Option all not working. Please any one solve my problem. I also format the system and reinstall it but is not working. I think this is malfunction from adobe. Please update it and solve the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help you receive an answer, please-

could you share the screenshot of the System Info (Help-->System Info) dialog from Lightroom Classic?

Most posts here are from "Community" users (like yourself)- we are not Adobe.

SmitKeniya​ Is Adobe Staff and may help provide answers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the info I have asked others. It will help us help you.

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your install of LR is FUBAR!!!!

You need to uninstall and reinstall.

No Profile section in Basic.

The section for HSL/Color should only read HSL/Color and the B&W part, that is showing in your screen shot, should only show when you have assigned a B&W profile or clicked Black & white in the basic section.

Please go to Help then system info and post the first 5lines of the dialog window that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your install of LR is FUBAR!!!!

I could not have said it better. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, and none of the presets work any more. They don't work even after doing a RESET of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also have a malfunctioning install of Classic v7.3

Do you also see the "Profile:" line missing from the Basic Panel?

Have you tried re-installing Lightroom?

There have been some problems reported with the update to v7.3 and the new "Profiles" and "Presets" system changes.

I do know that if a Monochrome Profile has been applied to a raw image, then the Vibrance and Saturation sliders are greyed out. (not needed with a Mono image!) But if I click back on [Color] on the 'Treatment:' line then these sliders re-appear for use.

A little difficult to diagnose the Presets problem from your description "none of the presets work..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't see "Profile:" on the basic panel in the Develop module.

I'm only dealing with colour images so far, and the sliders don't appear unless I reset the image.

In the Develop module, clicking on any of the presets no longer does anything at all to the main image, although the small image in the Navigator window at the top left does change as I hover over each preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer would be the same as Just-Shoot-Me in Post#6 above.

Run Adobe CC Cleaner and re-install.

Then confirm that you have Classic v7.3 and that the Basic Panel shows the "Treatment:" and "Profile:" options.

Also Delete the Previews folder and allow the previews to re-build. Corrupt Previews may be cause of main window image not changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried. And still, it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my LR 6 perpetual licence to 7.1 then 7.2, then 7.3. I never selected a trial or took up a subscription, nor did I apparently need to. I've been running this way since January. After having problems with 7.3, the Adobe engineers told me the above was impossible. Anyhow, when they accessed my PC remotely, they uninstalled 7.3 and went back to LR 6. Now I can't move to 7.3 without taking out a subscription, so I've lost all my edits (hundreds!) since January because of the catalogue change. Nice.

I recall some time ago printing out the system info and I had both version "7.1" and "License: Perpetual". I assumed that was correct, but it seems it was an error on Adobe's part. It makes me even less inclined to ever take up a subscription, especially with this company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well actually it was an error on your part as LR Classic CC V7 was never a UpDate to LR 6.

And if you have done just a little research on the subject you would of realized that. Never has a New version been a free Upgrade from an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the recommendation from Adobe, and the process didn't ask for a subscription or for me to sign up to a trial. I don't believe it should be necessary for a user of software to understand the entire history of the product before using it.

Your comment is quite presumptuous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertk64763096 

Do you pay a subscription monthly or annually for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither monthly nor annual subscription.

I had LR 6.13, and Adobe (via the updating panel) recommended I update the software to 7.1.

I did this, as no subscription was requested, either monthly or annual, and I did not sign up to a trial. My Adobe system info showed that I had 7.1 and a perpetual licence, which the Adobe engineer yesterday said was "impossible". I updated the software to 7.1 in January, then 7.2 in February with no problems. I was running with 7.2 successfully until two days ago when I updated again to 7.3.

I'm now back on LR 6.14, and Adobe will now not let me update the software to LR CC 7 without taking out a subscription or signing up to a trial. It seems Adobe's update process is now working as it should.

Incidentally, I'm not the only one this has happened to. See:

Lightroom Classic 7.3: Profiles missing in Basic; Presets don't work; ID plate shows Lightroom 6 | P...

It looks like a number of other people have been caught out by this. If this has happened to anyone reading this I suggest you have LR write out the XMP files for all your photos (use a LR CC 7 trial if necessary), move back to LR 6.14 and its original directory and use the XMP files to recover the edits you made since you moved to Version 7. Worked for me.

I'll now use 6.14 as long as is practicable, then move to some other editing software that has a perpetual licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertk64763096  wrote

Neither monthly nor annual subscription.

I had LR 6.13, and Adobe (via the updating panel) recommended I update the software to 7.1.

I did this, as no subscription was requested, either monthly or annual, and I did not sign up to a trial. My Adobe system info showed that I had 7.1 and a perpetual licence, which the Adobe engineer yesterday said was "impossible". I updated the software to 7.1 in January, then 7.2 in February with no problems. I was running with 7.2 successfully until two days ago when I updated again to 7.3.

I'll now use 6.14 as long as is practicable, then move to some other editing software that has a perpetual licence.

Thanks for the reply.

Very annoying for you and others caught out by the 'bug' in the upgrade/update process.

Good advice about writing XMP to files recently edited so not all editing is lost, but still be aware that XMP edits only show in Adobe software if moving to some other.

I'm an 'oldie' and remember paying ~$20 for a roll of 20 Kodachrome and ~$30 for 36 color print processing. Now with the CC subscription of ~$10/m and I can shoot and edit 'thousands' of image for not an extra cent- I am more than happy with that! Better value for the best software is hard to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines