• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog crashing after most recent import

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I tried to import a few iPhone photos into one of my Lightroom catalogues. As soon as I hit import and the process began, Lightroom crashed. I have since confirmed that my other catalogues open and operate as normal. I tried to undo the import by going into my finder on my harddrive, locating the recently imported images and deleting them from there. 

When I reopened Lightroom, the images were still there, but with exclamation marks indicating that the files were missing (as expected). When I try to remove the images from within Lightroom it immediately crashes again. 

Any idea of what's going wrong and how I can get this catalogue working again?

I'm working on a iMac, macOS Big Sur, Lightroom 6, Version 6.8. Thanks!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might try exporting the catalog

P.S. make aure you have a backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Two questions:

1. If I export the catalog, will my edits come with it? And would I "export as catalog" to a file and then create a new catalog and import the photos back in?

2. I've been starting to wonder if my version of Lightroom is going to become problematic. I'm not sure if it's getting too old and if there's even a new version that would work with my photos. As you can see, I'm not super familiar with Lightroom yet. 

I'm working on a iMac, macOS Big Sur, Lightroom 6, Version 6.8. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your 2 questions:

1. If I export the catalog, will my edits come with it? 

Yes

2. I've been starting to wonder if my version of Lightroom is going to become problematic. I'm not sure if it's getting too old and if there's even a new version that would work with my photos. As you can see, I'm not super familiar with Lightroom yet.

I would suggest that there is application and OS incompatibility. Going to the subscribed version with your current OS I believe would offer you stability and features you'll like.

I have resisted going to Big Sur yet on my 2017 iMac, and never have any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines