• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc (subscription) freezes

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription and now lightroom cc will not work. it loads and then freezes. I am not a computer geek. I just expect something I pay for monthly to be working. I see there are lots of people with this same problem. How is this fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your OS and LRCC versions thanks Pauline.

Yea I agree its pretty frustrating: how long have you been using this version?

Any recent changes to your OS?

There is a CC dedicated forum and I can move your post there if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10. lightroom cc v10.1 updated 30 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going out on the proverbial limb here:

1: remove the first in line image which is displayed in your sync screenshot. Sometimes a corrupt file has been known to holdup the sync.

Retest Sync after that.

2: Create a new catalog and move the sync to that Catalog following the copied process below.

1. Launch Lightroom Classic.
2. Chose New Catalog from File menu. Give it name that stands out  (e.g xxxxxx.lrcat)
Lightroom will relaunch into this new catalog
3. When new catalog reopens go to the Sync control at top left of the Lightroom UI (i.e. your screenshot)
4. The text alongside 'Sync with Lightroom' will be 'Start' (screenshot 1 below). Press 'Start'
5. A warning dialog will appear. This warning indicates that you already have a catalog synced with the cloud (in your case the one you don't want to be synced).
6. Click on the button 'Yes, sync with this catalog instead' (screenshot 2 below)
7. Lightroom will take a few moments to begin syncing to your new (temporary) catalog
8. Pause the sync as per your original screenshot, then select your original catalog from File > Open Recent > Name of your working catalog
9. Find the new temporary catalog you created in step 2 above and trash it.
SS one
resync1.png
SS two
resync2.png
However, from your version information you are not using Lightroom Classic. Is that the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

For info, the Sync Start/Pause and Adobe Cloud info has been located at top right corner of Lightroom Classic UI since 9.3 (June 2020)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a subscription and I am using lightroom cc. It will open, load photos. As soon as I click the mouse the blue wheel starts and then the white overlay and it freezes. I don't know how to do what you said. I got a subscription so I wouldn't have to fix these kind of issues. I turn it on and expect it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using lightroom classic. I just uninstalled it and am waiting for it to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. That didn't change anything. Any more ideas? Maybe just cancel my subscription? No sense paying for something that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I installed the older version, it worked. Did the update and back to freezing. Going to go back to the older version. At least it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

Sign out, wait a few, sign back in.

Watch for any errors/notices (probably none)

Typical connectivity what if solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, did that. Also rebooted, shut computer completly down and started up again. It still just crashes. I don't put things on the cloud. The lightroom that goes to the cloud will work, but I don't want that one. Just the cc on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buggy behavior

Consider resetting the preference file. The preference file can get corrupted, leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive updates, upgrades, re-installs. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleting it. After it is deleted, Lightroom Classic will create a new one upon launch. Side effect is settings in preferences will reset to defaults.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines