• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 crashing

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my lightroom install via adobe cloud to 10.1.1. Now, whenever I try to do something like making adjustments to an image, lightroom freezes. I have updated the catalogue so can't revert to an older version (tried but it wouldn't open the catalogue due to catalogue being newer than the program installed).

My PC is Windows 10, 32GB RAM with 1TB SSD for programs and an 400GB SSD for catalogues (both less than 10% utilised). Lightroom and Photoshop have an SSD (250GB) for scratch disk purposes.

I have a shoot which I need to process!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both enabled and disabled the GPU - makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try rolling back to LR 10.0:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

To roll back to LR 9.4: When you updated to LR 10, LR made a copy of your previous catalog and converted it to LR 10 format. But it left the previous catalog untouched, and unless you deleted it, it should be in the same folder as your LR 10 catalog.  In LR 9.4, do File > Open Catalog, navigate to your catalog folder, and select the previous .lrcat file. If you don't know where your catalog folder is, do Catalog Settings > General > Show.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That was the first thing I tried. I still froze. I then rolled back the windows install to a previous date - same problem.

Solution:

Then, I updated the Nvidia driver (I had the December 2020 driver and a new one landed in January '21) and now stable and working again!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved, and thanks for letting others know your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines