• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - Problems with GPU Acceleration - which nVidia Driver?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum,

I have a question about GPU acceleration in Lightroom Classic CC. In my, admittedly, older system is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI with 4 GBM Ram installed. As far as I could see, Lightroom's GPU acceleration should work with this card. But in my case the Preferences menu only says that the acceleration was turned off due to an error. The name of the Graka is displayed and also the driver version. In Lightroom, the driver version number is 26.12.14.3160. In the menu of my graphics card the version number is only 431.60. This is the latest driver from Nvidia. I suspect that this could be a driver problem. Hence my question. Which driver is supported by Lightroom? Should I install an older version? And if so, which one? Maybe someone can help me. Thank you very much.

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last Nvidia GTX driver I tested with the 1050 was version 26.21.14.3086.

You can look for new driver here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

At this time I think the latest studio driver is 431.70, here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/149125

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this:

Lightroom Classic 8.4: GeForce GTX 750ti - Graphics Card not supported | Photoshop Family Customer C...

Basically if your OS. is Windows 7, you are SOL. Issue is Adobe (and eventually others) are going away from using OpenGl, and requiring DirectX v12. Previously for many GPU’s either OpenGl 3.3 or DirectX 12 would hopefully work. Oh, LR in general may work but the Graphic Processor Acceleration will not.

If MAC OS, some not new OS versions have some similar issue, they may work in LR in general, but nit fir the Graphics Priccessir acceleration.

Do not get all whatever about, but it used to, Adobe has programmed LR 8.4 to be more stringent on what it thinks works, And the techs may have black listed more OS/GPU combos based on testing. And despite earlier LR not bitching about a particular GPU. it may have been not working right ir at least nit providing benefit.

And but PS works. Apple and Oranges. PS GPU use does not equate to LR GPU use

Adobe techs are aware

And yes, the Adobe documentation sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines