Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic corrupts DNG files?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In October I removed a batch of DNG images from a Lightroom Catalog folder. Yesterday I reviewed the files on the hard drive and discovered all the DNG files involved were corrupted, the images turned black.

I opened and examined one of the files in Photoshop and discovered the camera metadata intact but the image replaced with black. Raising the exposure in Camera Raw revealed that the black was not uniform but a series of horizontal streaks...

This is the first and hopefully last time I will lose original images in a Lightroom transaction. Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a hardware malfunction, probably your hard disk has a bad sector or similar problem. Lightroom Classic never writes to the image portion of your photo files.

This is the first and hopefully last time I will lose original images in a Lightroom transaction.

If you have backups of these photo files, then you have lost nothing. If you don't have backups, well that's not the fault of Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines