• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic crashing after recent upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacPro late 2013, Mojave OS.  After upgrading, crashes as soon as I try to start editing, freezes up and I have to power down the computer to try again.  Also the new version would not load my library until it updated it.  Then I lost all of 2020 and 21

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information please.

You upgraded from what version of Lightroom Classic to what version of Lightroom Classic?

Based on your description, I am guessing you upgraded from V 9.x to V 10.x. That process involves upgrading the catalog to V 10 as well. The process of upgrading the V 9 catalog to V 10 may have upgraded a copy of your catalog that was not the very latest V 9 catalog you had been using.

The simple solution is to downgrade Lightroom Classic back to V9. You can do that in the Adobe Creative Cloud app. On the line that says "Lightroom Classic" click on the three dots at the right end and select "Other Versions". You will have to verify that V9.x is using the most recent V 9 catalog when you start it up.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you KR.  I will try that to get my catalogue back and let you know if it worked.  I updated the catlog to v10 when the loss occured from a copy of the catalogue backup.  I'm hoping that the original stayed good in the process as I had just finished a shoot that was only backed up once.  thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed one thing, not sure what the previous v9 version was, not sure if I can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V 9.4 was the last. Choose that one. It is generally problem free.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Lightroom Classic crashes, first thing to try is restting your preferences. Can't hurt, sometimes fixes the issue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.htm

If that doesn't work, next thing to try is starting up in Safe mode (booth with shift key down); still crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines