• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic freeze my iMac every time I use the Texture Slider?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last recent update to Lightroom Classic, every time I use the Texture Slider my iMac computer freezes. Its becoming unusable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following basic information

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1609007959546.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1609007959548.png

GoldingD_2-1609007959549.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. This is only started occurring recently (i.e. within last 4 weeks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - I can't even FORCE QUIT LR - as soon as I start using the adjustments - sputters then freezes - extremely annoying.  I need to find out how to reinstall an older version - like 9.????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRClassic 10.0 works almost fine, sometimes slow but ok. As soon as I used 10.1 and start using the adjustments (3-4 clicks are enough)  LR freeze and I need to shut down the computer. So back to 10.0. Sorry no System info as I won't try that again!  I also won't upgrade to Big Sur till this version 10.1 problem isn't solve.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-11 à 08.55.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slider freezing is one of the known outworkings of a GPU related isssue when using LrC 10.1 on Mac platform. Some customers have found disabling GPU support helps. However, this can result in significant performance degradation on some sytems. If this the case for you, then best that you downgarde to LrC10 from within the Creative Cloud App.

Steps

1. Launch the CC App

2. Select Lightroom Classic form list of installed apps

3. Right mouse button click on 3-dot buttn, then choose 'Other Versions' from list

4. When list of other versions appears, select LRC 10.

Note there is no need to uninstall LrC 10.1 as this is handled as part of the downgrade process

Downgrade-Lightroom-Classic-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines