• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic keyword clean up

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years my keyword list as grown and grown, just like other users.  In my cleanup i discovered the tree structure for keywording example  Country/state/city/subjects.

I see you can export the keywords into a CSV format.

Is there a way to Export/ rearange and reimport the updates?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you can export the keywords into a CSV format.

Is there a way to Export/ rearange and reimport the updates?

By @ronbyram

Not really. Yes, you can export the list and tidy it up in an external editor, Excel for example. And you can reimport the restructured keyword file too. The problem is making your photos use the new-structure keywords. That quickly gets messy, and there's quite a risk of removing the old keywords from photos without adding back the keyword from the new structure.

In general, do any keyword list restructuring in LrC itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Building on John's reply, the Any Tag plugin lets you export keywords to a CSV, edit and rearrange them using Excel or Google Sheets, and then import the edited CSV file, preserving the assignments of keywords to photos. But I recommend going this route only for things like spelling correction and making batch edits to the keyword attributes (e.g. Include On Export).

And regardless of which methods you use, make sure you make a backup of your catalog first, and test the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines