Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not showing my images on SD card

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

im not new to lightroom but im new to the forum, let me know if you need more information so as to help me. 

I have the latest version of Lightroom classic. (v9.1)

the problem im haveing is that when connect my SD card my laptop recognises it and I can access all my photos, its not locked. when I open lightroom to import the images it used to open the import part, now it doesnt, I have to open it manually. once open it recognises that there is an SD card plugged in but shows that its empty. as in no photos detected. 

for now my work around is that im having to manually take the photos off the SD card and put it into a folder so I can import it (it accepts images off my laptop but not my card).

Ive tried fresh installing Lightroom and formatting the SD card, nothing helped. 

anyone experienced this? 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

If using macOS Catlina it may be that you've been caught out by the new built in security features (f..l .p). 

With Lightroom Classic closed - check if ablove is the case, open macOS Prefences > Security & Privicy > Privacy. Then make sure that the option for 'Removable Volumes' is checked (i.e. On) as shown in below screenshot. If not, then unlock the padlock and place the check mark as shown. You can then restart Lightroom Classic.

It's also important to note that the 'Import Device' path

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Try this:

Quite Lr > Open your settings > security & Privacy > Select tab privacy and scroll down the left list to "Full Disk Access" > Add your application to the right  hand column (after you enter your system PW).

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently had the same problem as cmgap and followed your (Ian Lyons) advice and it worked for me. Thank you. You saved hours of research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

life saver.... thank you ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you!  I was tearing my hair out and the answer was so simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same issues as this forum and I feel like this is the answer except my mac version is High Sierra Version 10.13.6 (and I don't have an option to update software for some reason - iMac Late 2015).

However, when I go to my Security & Privacy > Privacy settings, I don't have a Files and Folders option, just Location Services, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Photos, Accessibility, and Analytics. See below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.02.17 PM.jpg

When I try to import into Lightroom, both my iPhone and SD card show up on the left side but no photos show up. Not even a 'no photos found' in the middle of the middle screen. You can see my SD card pulled up and opened to that exact folder and that there are plenty of images. Suspected Duplicates and checked but it doesn't make a difference.

Would love the help!

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.10.45 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem started with 10.15.2 and was corrected in 10.15.3. Your 2015 probably is not eligible to be updated to Catalina, but I do not understand why it won't give you the option to install Mojave. Is the system's inability to recognize your card or reader tied to any change you have made recently or did it all of the sudden just stop working? What have you tried thus far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened after I had clicked Import and cancel a bunch while creating video tutorials for clients. Worked fantastic and now it doesn't. This same thing happened about 6 months ago but it solved itself within a few days and I have no idea how. I was able to update my computer to Catalina and I also made sure everything else is up to date. I even uninstalled and installed my Lightroom 9.1.

And I realized that even if I pull images onto the Desktop or from a random folder and try to import them into Lightroom, it doesn't recognize them either. So it has nothing to do with the SD card. The computer can detect the SD card fine, it actually tries to auto import in Lightroom when I put in my SD card but it just looks blank like above.

Super frustrating because my Lightroom is essentially worthless now that I can't import any photos in general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
It worked for me .. so sorry but it is just the worst thing to happen .. I can’t remember where I found the final solution... but not good on apple my Mac is New and for this to happen !!! And the Mac help line.... they hadn’t a clue ....
Good luck hope you get sorted...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I called Apple they admitted it was a bug in 10.15.2 and would be corrected in the next release. The card reader and using drop box provided a temporary work around.  Glad you are up and runing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured it out! I held down Shift + Option + Delete while turning on Lightroom to reset the preferences and all my images are coming in! Wonder what preference made it turn off but so glad I know the quick fix. Thanks for all the quick responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my MAC software and tried the Shift Option Delete and still no photos appear.

I've tried all your suggestions.  So far - no photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! This just started happening to me with all the updates. This helped me big time! Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU very much!  This was the one answer that worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't used for a couple of months but I was able to import from my SD card without a problem. I have Catalina 10.15.4 and Lightroom Classic 9.2. I've verified the privacy settings including giving Lightroom full access. It still doesn't read my SD card. Any advice would be appreciated!lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue and was doing a file copy to a folder and then import, tried the original suggestion regarding removable volumes being checked. Worked like a charm . Well done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian.  Fixed my issue perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian.  After spending way too much time trying to find out what was wrong this immediately solved my issue perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian for your input - it immediately solved my problem after upgrading iOS to 10.15 from a couple of earlier generations  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact answer I was looking for as well.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much. This solved an issue for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the directions.

I just added LRC to the Full Disk access list and the problem was solved completely.

Thank you for your helpfulness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines