• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic V 10.2 dumping folders onto my G:/ drive.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently found LRC dumping a load of folders onto my G: drive root directory plus a file index.dat. I have checked my preferences and catalog settings but the are set to C: & F: drive. The folders have just two letter names. This is something that has only just started in the last few weeks. Any help or solutions would be gratefully appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture. Please click on the "Insert Photos" icon. Do not attach files.

Also, please explain why you think Lightroom Classic is doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I deleted the folders and the file index.dat a few days ago and the folders haven't reappeared. The reason I think it is Lightroom Classic that's responsible is that when I click on index.dat it opens up Lightroom in my catalog. Also the icon is that of Lrc.

I have deleted these folders a few times when the appear so the next time I have them I'll screen capture and post the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simply means that the extension .DAT was somehow associated with opening in Lightroom Classic, which is something that can be set (perhaps accidentally) in your operating system. It does not mean that Lightroom Classic is the reason these files have been placed in that folder in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this morning that Lightroom Classic is not the program
responsible for the mysterious folders. It is an audio program that I have
used recently. Many thanks for your help in pointing me in a different
direction.

Regards

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discovered this morning that Lightroom Classic is not the program responsible for the mysterious folders. It is an audio program that I have used recently. Many thanks for your help in pointing me in a different direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines