Exit

LIGHTROOM CLASSIC won't open on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro OS Big Sur

Lightroom Classic

Lightroom won't open. Home screen flashes and then nothing. 

lauren@laurenleephotography.net>Lauren Lee<br />lauren@laurenleephotography.net

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauren, In Finder, search your drive(s) for a file ".lock"  You will probably find one in the folder where your lightroom classic catalog is located. If you find one, delete/trash ONLY that file which ends in .lock. Then your Lightroom Classic should start normally. Check back to let us know if that fixed it for you.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I needed to get into Lightroom yesterday and there was a tip to create a new user and see if it opened, and it did. So, I've been going back and forth eery since.

Searching for .lock file(s), I found a few. Some date back to 2016! Now might be a good time to admit I'm not the best at catalogs. 

Okay, so, do I delete the lrcat.lock files. Still, Lightroom doesn't open. The dot below the icon appears. The home screen flashes. The home screen shuts down. The dot disappears.  :--/

lauren@laurenleephotography.net>Lauren Lee<br />lauren@laurenleephotography.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lauren Lee Photography That's one I'm not familiar with. If LrC runs OK under another user, then I'm not sure if un-installing and re-installing  would help. Still if it was my machine, I would un-install through the Adobe Creative Cloud app, run Adobe CC Cleaner and re-install. You have nothing to loose except time by trying that. While I have been using a MacBook Pro for about 6 years in addition to my main PC, I am not familiar enough with Mac OS to recommend anything else.

Of note, the .lock files are created when LrC opens and normally deleted when LrC is closed. If the computer is shut down without properly closing LrC, the .lock files will be left on the drive to cause a startup problem later.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines