Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classiv V10 unable to open or create any catalog

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since the Lightroom Classic 10 is here I'm unable to work with it!

When I try to open a catalog I have the error "unable to open catal... an unexpected error...", same thing for all my catalogs and if I try to create a new one.

If I reinstall the v9.4 everything is fine but impossible to use the v10!

I am on an "old" imac" with a nvidia gpu, with catalina 10.15.7. I tried to start in maintenance mode and deactivate the gpu in Lightroom preference, nothing better...

If you have any solution... because I cannot work with the v10...

Thank you for your help! It's the very first time I experienced problem with an update. (all the another CC software works fine after the update, like photoshop/camera raw etc).

Cheers,

Jul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2020-10-25 à 13.36.55.png

Message when I try to paste the previous image in attachment... maybe the same developer as the Lightroom Classic v10 for macOs lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Insert Photo Icon as pictured above?????

And then select "Choose Files"?

2020-10-25 09_06_08-Re_ Lightroom Classiv V10 unable to open or create... - Adobe Support Community .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm ok thank you very much, but can we have focus on the lightroom 10 update? I am professional, I pay for a an app who becomes totally unusable after this update...

No one of my mac can works with it. Is there an update soon? Many people encountering same problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum. We don't know if there will be an update soon, and if somebody here did know, he/she would not be allowed to tell you. All I can tell you is that LrC 10 runs just fine on my two Macs, so it might be difficult for Adobe to find out why it works fine for some (most) people but not for all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sometimes happens. Just try again and it will work.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines