• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Has Encountered Problems Reading This Photo

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in the last few weeks I've been encountering errors importing my photos from my Nikon Z6 into Lightroom, stored on an External Hard Drive. This is the same way i've always done it and it's worked just fine. I believe with the recent update, this is what has caused the issues. My photos are showing the "Lightroom Has Encountered Problems Reading This Photo" error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, this error message means that the file is corrupted, and can't be used. You need to restore the photo from backups.

Corrupted files are always caused by hardware malfunctions somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the update, were you able to open those same photos? Without the warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, can you try opening one of those photos that won't show in Lightroom using Photoshop for example? To see if the file really is corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines